Options

Anyone else at the Cisco Blackhat party?

9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm in a Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts.

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I ended up skipping all the parties, it's a good mile walk from my hotel to the conference. After walking to and from Blackhat all week, as well as sight seeing, I'm shot, my feet, legs and back hurt. I must have walked 50 miles this week, if I go in the future, I'll be shore to get a room in the hotel the conference is in. I had no idea the Las Vegas mega resort were this huge and everything is so expensive, it's at least 15 bucks every time I take a taxi.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Use Uber or Lyft. They're cheaper and friendlier than taxis. There are promo codes on the web for a $50 credit for a new Lyft account ($5 off the first ten rides). You can go back and forth between the strip and nearby places for a couple bucks.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I ended up skipping all the parties, it's a good mile walk from my hotel to the conference. After walking to and from Blackhat all week, as well as sight seeing, I'm shot, my feet, legs and back hurt. I must have walked 50 miles this week, if I go in the future, I'll be shore to get a room in the hotel the conference is in. I had no idea the Las Vegas mega resort were this huge and everything is so expensive, it's at least 15 bucks every time I take a taxi.

the tram and monorail are your friend! depending on where you are staying. I was at the MGM so airwalk to New York New York, then cut through it to the airwalk to Excaliber to catch the free tram to Mandalay and it had to be at least a mile through the Mandalay to the convention center where BH was located. Then it was a briefing on 3rd floor, next thing on 1st floor then back to 3rd then to 2nd etc all day, both days... Guessing I walked at least 10 miles a day.

Went to a couple parties including the Alice in Chains show tuesday, played in the BH poker tournament wednesday ( finished 10th out of 80 people. they got crazy with the blind structure and made me a short stack icon_sad.gif ) then our CSO took all of us out Thursday night... was kind of mandatory since he was paying the bill ( for dinner AND BlackHat :D )

all in all a good trip, easily described in one word... OVERWHELMING
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    jcundiff wrote: »

all in all a good trip, easily described in one word... OVERWHELMING

Yep. I actually lost weight from all the walking and not having time to eat. Glad I'm back home and I can rest my feet now.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    9bits wrote: »
    Yep. I actually lost weight from all the walking and not having time to eat. Glad I'm back home and I can rest my feet now.

Meanwhile I feel like I gained weight with all the food there and vendors hosting lunch/dinner, even with easily walking 10 miles a day.