Options

Just Passed CCNA 200-120!

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
What a relief! Took this last Friday and failed with a 787, today I passed with a 902!

Breakdown as follows:
Operation of IP Data Networks - 100%
LAN Switching Technologies - 80%
IP Addressing (IPV4/IPV6) - 100%
IP Routing Technologies - 70%
IP Services - 100%
Network Device Security - 100%
Troubleshooting - 100%
WAN Technologies - 100%

I studied hardcore everyday and taking it just one week out helped because I retained a lot of information. This was definitely the hardest exam I took thus far, probably because I don't use this stuff every day and networking is not really my field. I wanted this since 2003 when I took CCNA classes, but back then I was more focused on finishing my A+. I used Odom's books mostly to read over what I needed to study from failing last week, took 2 Netacad classes with official Cisco slides & my professor's notes, went over all the homework he gave with packet tracer, & watched all of Jeremy Ciora's videos. My advice for others is take your time, understand what you are studying, and you can't go back once you click next (I learned that the hard way) Thanks to all of you for your support, such a great community! Every single reply helps! Right now my head is spinning as it always does after these things. Next Friday I start my Master's in Cybersecurity and I look to take on the CISSP this Fall. I also look forward to taking the CCNA Cyber Ops and excited about the potential scholarship offers!
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck with your journey!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I take the 200-120 a week on Monday.
  • Options
    liz4rd wrote: »
    Congratulations, I take the 200-120 a week on Monday.

Good luck liz4rd! You'll do fine take your time and breath during the test if you need to regroup and think, that's what I did.
  • Options
    Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Whats your next goal?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, Muhammed H, the CISSP is next!
  • Options
    RanjnasRanjnas Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, how did you create a thread? I am looking for a online tutor for Security+ 401. I have taken the exam 3 times and failed.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's not what happens to the man, it's how the man reacts to what happens to him that defines him.

Thanks for the study tips & Congrats on a major accomplishment.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words!
  • Options
    NoNameNoobNoNameNoob Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Danny i failed the ccna last week, due to this question. Network Device Security - 0%. Without breaking any rules. Do i need to recreate the same situation for this question on packet tracer or am i to be expecting a new scenario. Im having some anxiety because times running out. Thanks
  • Options
    NoNameNoob wrote: »
    Danny i failed the ccna last week, due to this question. Network Device Security - 0%. Without breaking any rules. Do i need to recreate the same situation for this question on packet tracer or am i to be expecting a new scenario. Im having some anxiety because times running out. Thanks

Well I don't know how many scenarios to expect, but I did get the same scenario twice. I would definitely use packet tracer and practice commands for ACLs. As well as read the correct syntax for them, what book are you using?