IAPP CIPP/US Review

Comments

• riverstyxriverstyx Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did find the CIPP/E online training useful, but it wasn't all that deep or profound. It more helped me figure out what I needed to know for the exam and how to structure the material. My employer covered about half the cost; of course, as I'm already in this field, the rest will be tax-deductible (though I don't know whether that'll hold now that the new tax law is in effect), which further reduces the effective cost. If I had to cover the whole thing, I don't know that I'd find it worth it, especially as a "practice" run at the exam is $375--much cheaper by comparison--and you might even end up passing the first time!
  • decemberdecember Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I'm a new member and will be sitting for the CIPP US exam soon, would you be willing to share your outline with me? It would be much appreciated as typing out an outline from scratch law school-style is taking me forever.
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the CIPP/US Exam:

Domain 1: 88%
    Domain 3: 100%
    Domain 4: 91%
    Domain 2: 88%
    Domain 5: 77%

I will be reviewing a 70 page outline that I created and then will share that with anyone this weekend who will be sitting for the exam.

I am now gearing up for the CIPP/EU exam :)

Cogratulations and thank you for sharing!
  • silenciodelsilenciodel Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, does anyone have a good CIPP/US outline that they would not mind sharing? Thank you in advance!
  • JabroniJabroni Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

I will be reviewing a 70 page outline that I created and then will share that with anyone this weekend who will be sitting for the exam.

Congrats! I am sitting for the exam a week from tomorrow and am looking for ways to supplement the studying I have been doing the last couple weeks. Would you be willing to share your outline? (It’s not letting me message you).

Also:
    -To what extent did the test incorporate the GDPR?
    -How many state-specific laws that are mentioned in passing in the book (i.e. Arizona’s data destruction laws only apply to paper records) do they test? I was hoping to avoid memorizing all of these but I just did the IAPP practice test and it definitely had one of these...

Thanks!
  • kmelliskmellis Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi! Did you take CIPT? I did and was unsuccessful. icon_sad.gif I read the book and took the practice exams. I thought there was material on there that wasn’t covered. Was that your experience? I am paying for this out of my own pocket and am making a real effort. Just wondering what others have to say. Thank you!
  • schipholschiphol Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jabroni wrote: »
    Congrats! I am sitting for the exam a week from tomorrow and am looking for ways to supplement the studying I have been doing the last couple weeks. Would you be willing to share your outline? (It’s not letting me message you).Also:-To what extent did the test incorporate the GDPR?-How many state-specific laws that are mentioned in passing in the book (i.e. Arizona’s data destruction laws only apply to paper records) do they test? I was hoping to avoid memorizing all of these but I just did the IAPP practice test and it definitely had one of these... Thanks!
    I don't believe you are expected to memorize the state-specific laws. Just know the commonalities.As for the GDPR, I had a few questions when I took it last summer, but they weren't in-depth.
  • JblakeJblake Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all. I'm taking the CIPP/US exam soon. Sounds like there are some outlines floating around. Does anyone have one they're willing to share? Thanks in advance!
  • stayingcoolstayingcool Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hi There,

I am preparing for CIPP/US. Could you please share the outline with me?
  • sfrunsfrun Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi -

I'm a new member and am looking to take the CIPP/US exam. Would anyone be willing to share an outline? Thanks in advance!
  • InfoSecAttorneyInfoSecAttorney Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    New user here,

Did anyone consent to the sharing of an outline for the CIPP/US exam? Looking to sit for it in the coming weeks.
  • lizette1121622lizette1121622 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Could you send me your emails? I seem to have trouble sending the documents here. If any one has the documents/outlines that I shared with some members here, please share them. I login once in a week :)
  • JblakeJblake Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you send me your emails? I seem to have trouble sending the documents here. If any one has the documents/outlines that I shared with some members here, please share them. I login once in a week :)

Thanks for the offer! I'm new and can't send messages to members. Can you message me? If not, I can post a burner email address here.
  • schipholschiphol Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Email techexamthrowaway2017[at]gmail[dot]com. I can hook whomever up with my CIPP/US outline. And if it's ok with lizette1121622, I can share her CIPP/E outline.
  • cippus2018cippus2018 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in both schiphol's and lizette1121622 CIPP/US outlines.

If anyone comes across this post, can you email me the CIPP/US outlines?

My email address is: cippus2018@protonmail.com

Thanks so much for your help!

• hothotheatonhothotheaton Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the CIPP/US on Monday (passed!) and I would say that there are a couple questions (not many out of 90) that do ask very specific questions about specific state laws, so I would focus on those discussed in the text book and in their list of new state laws not included in the old text but that will be on the exam: (Tennessee SB 2005, Illinois HB 1260, California AB 2828, New Mexico HB15). Sadly, I started doing an outline and then stopped, so it wouldn't be of help to anyone. I bought the $25 practice questions from the IAPP and I'm glad I did to get some practice but they were a lot easier than the real exam.
    schiphol wrote: »
    Email techexamthrowaway2017[at]gmail[dot]com. I can hook whomever up with my CIPP/US outline. And if it's ok with lizette1121622, I can share her CIPP/E outline.

Of course.
    I just got notified that the IAPP published a second edition of the CIPP/US textbook. So, the outlines that you come across in the forum will need to be updated with the new information.
  • CaronevesCaroneves Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    schiphol wrote: »
    Just came from passing the exam about an hour ago and I don't know how. That exam was a beast. The level of minutiae is incredible and there were some answers that had me just saying "c'mon!" in the room. My scaled score was 381 and I got 80%, 100%, 91%, 85%, and 55% across the five respective domains. I did self study based on the official IAPP book and I recently purchased the latest edition of the Privacy Fundamentals 2017 book (ISBN: 9780998322315). I am a licensed attorney and a cyber professional with 15 years in IT.

I only just found out yesterday that the exam got updated as of August 1st while I was looking through the forums and came across LAWYER2's comment on another thread! And a good number of questions involved new laws. Good thing they were fresh in my mind. I immediately researched the new material and made a quick and dirty mini outline to be added to my overall outline. I can share the comprehensive outline as soon as I'm done integrating everything.

I’m taking the test next week and would also be interested in seeing your outline, if you’re open to sharing. Happy to add on to it as well. Thanks!
  • jyo_sandrajyo_sandra Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would you mind sharing the outline? I am planning to give the test in a couple of months time.
  • bentobramzbentobramz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone ever received schiphol's outline for the CIPP/US? Thanks!
  • carl0sicarl0si Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would you mind sharing it with me too. I'm new here and i'd like to take a new career path. Thanks a lot!
  • pae79pae79 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If anyone has the CIPP-US outline, please share! I will be sitting for my re-take of the exam in the next few months.
  • LAWYER2LAWYER2 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,
    After spending a year teaching, I've renewed my efforts to get CIPP certified and specialize in data privacy law. It just seems like the future of technology law, which in an of itself, is one of the least disrupt-able practice areas. That said, I'd really appreciate a copy of an outline to get a baseline of where I need to get started. I'm hesitant on shelling out $1500 for the IAAP course after hearing that it's a glorified overview, when I could just pay the $500 to sit for the exam and get a full understanding of exactly what's on it. It appears that the exam will change again in August 2018 so it'll be interesting in seeing what changes will be made.

That said, if anyone has an outline to share I'd be happy to upload to a cloud drive and post a link.
  • pae79pae79 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am hoping that someone posts they are willing to share the outlines. I keep checking back but haven't seen any recent posts about them.
  • LAWYER2LAWYER2 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pae79 wrote: »
    I am hoping that someone posts they are willing to share the outlines. I keep checking back but haven't seen any recent posts about them.

Yea, I know. I've been thinking about taking the CIPP/EU exam first since, from what I've read, it seems to be eaiser and there are more resources available to prep. Most of it seems to encompass the GDPR. You still put CIPP certification on your resume and seems like it might be a good primer to the CIPP/US exam which covers many many different body of laws.
  • sonyvaio18sonyvaio18 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all for the amazing information!
  • sonyvaio18sonyvaio18 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the awesome tips everyone!
  • pixieepixiee Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,

New here. Anyone who has done the CIPP/E yet? I am wondering if I should bother with it...
  • hlink123hlink123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone - thanks so much for posting all of this great information. I'm just starting to ramp up to take the CIPP/US, if anyone has an outline and/or flash cards to share I'd really appreciate it! asuflipmode [at] gmail dotcom