Options

Failed 70-346 today

Failed Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements today. Scored 679.
I'm pretty annoyed as one question was a multiple answer question but I could only select one answer.
Another question was so vaguely worded.
I marked them for comment but exited the exam after finishing.
2018 Goals
AWS & Linux Knowledge

Comments

• Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Challenge the exam: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/learning/certification-exam-policies.aspx

Challenging a Microsoft Certification exam item
    Each exam question is carefully reviewed by a panel of technical and job-function experts who review each question for technical accuracy, clarity, and relevance. If you believe that a specific question you saw on a Microsoft Certification exam is invalid, you may request an evaluation of the question by following the steps described below. You must submit your request within three calendar days of taking the exam.
    Note Please do not use the exam item challenge form to provide feedback about beta exam questions because beta exam questions might be removed from the question pool or fixed during the exam development phase that follows beta. If you have additional feedback about a beta exam that you were unable to provide during the comment period, please send your feedback to mslcd@microsoft.com.
    Steps for challenging exam items

1. Download and complete the exam item challenge form.
      1. Describe in detail the specific reasons you are challenging an exam item on the form.
      2. Submit a separate form for each exam item you challenge.
      3. Your challenge will not be accepted for evaluation unless the form is complete.
      4. Note Item challenges will not be reviewed for exams that will be retired within 6 months.
    2. Submit the form by email to MCPHelp@microsoft.com with "Exam Item Evaluation" in the subject line within 3 calendar days of taking the exam.
    3. Your submittal will be acknowledged by email. At that time, you will receive either the result of the evaluation or, if more time is needed for evaluation, an estimate of when you can expect a decision.
    The evaluation process exists to help identify and correct problematic questions. In most cases, exams are not re-scored because Microsoft must ensure that candidates who pass exams and earn our certifications have demonstrated the required proficiency level(s) across the skill domain(s). Even if a question is flawed in some way, we cannot assume that you would have answered it correctly if it had not been. In these cases, we provide candidates with the opportunity to retake the exam free of charge.
    We value and rely on your feedback to make Microsoft Certification exams as valid and relevant as possible.

• Options
    bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a waste of time in my experience. I tried to challenge Microsoft on some of their PowerShell questions in the Azure MCSD exams. I basically don't think Drag & Drop PowerShell questions are fair, as you can perform commands in different orders in many cases.

For what it's worth I failed 70-347 on Friday with a similar score. It appears Microsoft are now asking you to say Y/N to a list of PS commands, "does this command do x". Total bullshit questions IMO.
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    I submitted the challenge earlier today. Hopefully I heard from them tomorrow.
    Wish they would just stop with the bullshit vague questions or just do as the RHCSA and have it task performance based on a VM.
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    The problem with the PowerShell in Office 365 and Azure is that it's still a work in progress. It's not fair to the people writing the tests nor is the lousy study materials available. I think PowerShell has potential but it ain't BASH or anything near it.
  • Options
    Got an email back. I'll be waiting 4-6 weeks on a decision.
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would be interested to know how you get on!

Agreed on the MS PowerShell stuff, either go full on it with a simulator-based exam or stop asking stupid PS syntax questions.
  • Options
    Just an update.
    Got confirmation back and I passed the exam icon_cheers.gif
    Fist pumping around the house. This finishes the MCSA Server 2012 for me. Thank God.
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Krusader wrote: »
    I'm pretty annoyed as one question was a multiple answer question but I could only select one answer.
    Another question was so vaguely worded.

A poorly worded Microsoft Exam? It can't be true. You mean each question is not a "gotcha" question on some obscure technology that you will probably never utilize? Say it ain't so.

Congrats BTW!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Wow.. Congrats to you!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    LexanTronixLexanTronix Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just an update.
    Got confirmation back and I passed the exam icon_cheers.gif
    Fist pumping around the house. This finishes the MCSA Server 2012 for me. Thank God.

I failed my 70-346 today as well, just out of curiosity did you win the challenge and then they just passed you or you did a retake of the exam?

What type of questions did you challenge, I thought the powershell cmdlets were complete bogus but so where other questions.
  • Options
    I won the challenge.
    There was a powershell question regarding Rights Management that was rather vaguely asked and also I received a multi-answer question but I could only select one answer
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I won the challenge.
    There was a powershell question regarding Rights Management that was rather vaguely asked and also I received a multi-answer question but I could only select one answer

VERY VERY NICE, HI5! ~ Borat
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP