Options

what degree to get? CS or CE??

jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
i am going to enroll in college tommorow but i want to know what benefits more.... getting a computer science degree or computer engineer degree. or both??

right now i have A+... i work at circuit city (my 2nd week in the company) and on my free time i am trying to get my network+ taken care of

what do employers look for most?? a computer science degree or a comptuer engineer??? i know engineer has to do witih hardware and science deals with software.. but thats about it

Comments

• Options
    jaeusmjaeusm Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are right about CS being more focused on software development, but to say that CE is focused more on hardware is a bit vague. CE is half CS and half electrical engineering. For the most part (I'm generalizing here), a BS in CS or CE will qualify you for nearly the same jobs, though CE may give you a few more opportunities. That said, the coursework is a bit more difficult than CS.

If you were thinking about double majoring, I would not recommend CS and CE together because it would be more beneficial to go CS and EE. Remember that CE is a hybrid of CS and EE. If you want two degrees, go CS and EE. Otherwise, just go for CE by itself. However, you can do whatever you like.