Options

Transcender exams

Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the Transcender practice exams ? I'm planning on taking ICND 1 on Friday, and while my score isn't what it needs to be yet I wondered if these are fairly accurate with the difficulty of the exam ? I plan on picking up the Boson practice test also. I'm just wondering if these are the "easy" practice test ?

Comments

• Options
    culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Transcender tests and MeasureUp are extremely difficult. They are very elaborate which panics the unfortunate victim into delving into the question they got horribly wrong ! The real tests are difficult but nowhere near as difficult as the Transcender/MeasureUp tests in my opinion. Some of the drop boxes in the correct order are so horrendous it makes me feel like giving up on the whole thing. One such question I've just tackled for the 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices exam was about libraries but to know the answer you would have to know every single dialog box, menu option and button which is not testing anything. Are people expected to remember every single dialog box, button and right click option ? No but it gets you looking at the interface again. That's how they do it. I remember struggling with such questions in the MeasureUp tests for the 70-687 Windows 8.1 config exam and when a similar question appeared in the exam it was almost a doddle. Some of the Transcender questions I am seeing at the moment are just frightening. If you are asking about Transcender only a few days before a test it's too late. You need at least a couple of weeks to use them and review the material for the questions you got wrong. On a side note I think this Windows 10 stuff is way more difficult than the Win 7 and Win 8.1 config stuff. Loads is about Intune and Azure and it's tricky to say the least for me. Signing up for trial versions of this and that and messing about in confusing interfaces - nightmare !
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    More than a couple of weeks. LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    More than a couple of weeks. LOL

Yeah I know but I am almost resigned to failing the test so may need another two weeks of my 30 day usage afterwards rather than use it up for a month, fail the test and have no Transcender to use going forward !
  • Options
    I was using some other practice test but there was a noticeable step up with the transcender test. I want to give myself the option of taking it again before the 101 expires. Sadly I had to wait this long because I couldn't get time off work to take it. The test showed me the spot I was weaker in, it just felt like a really hard test for "entry" level.

Oh and you have to love the frame relay questions in there for fun. That's suppose to be an ICND 2 topic ><.
  • Options
    I think if you can average 60% ish in the Transcenders you can pass the real exam.
  • Options
    shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    culpano wrote: »
    I think if you can average 60% ish in the Transcenders you can pass the real exam.

I'm working toward taking the ICND2 v2 before it expires. I've taken about 5 Transcender tests of 50 questions each so far. My lowest score being 82% and my highest being 92%. Think I should go for it?
  • Options
    I've rescheduled my test after taking the Boson practice exam. I'll be going for Aug 19th the day before ICND 1 V2 expires. While that's not what I originally wanted it's what's best. I would highly recommend the Boson exams you can get them for $75 now which is a solid price.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Boson ICND1 practice exam - worked for me. That isn't the only thing I used though. I didn't use any **** either. I figured if I knew the material I would pass, if I didn't I wouldn't. I actually got to the point were I felt there was nothing left to study, so I moved my exam up a few days. Granted, I used to be a CCNP, but I got really rusty from not using it. Took a little bit to get back to speed.

I just bought Boson's ICND2 200-101 exam and will start studying that. I have been using Bryant's vids, Old INE vids I have, 31 Days before book, and also some of the other stuff I used during ICND1 test that still applies. Check this stuff out also that I used:

The Art of the Subnet **** Sheet And Other Subnetting Tips
    http://www.trainingmagic.com/TM/CCNA%20Key%20points.pdf

I highly recommend the Subnetting **** sheet!
  • Options
    It's kind of funny subnetting is the one thing that doesn't give me any issues. Mainly I've had spent so long studying (various life issues) that I've forgotten some of the commands and simple things. I really liked the labs that Todd Lammle has in his book so I'll spend this weekend going through them all again.

Once I see the correct answer or go look up a resource for it it's "yeah I remember doing that". For me it just comes down to needing one more week to review. Finally my employer is on board with giving me an easier schedule so I can get this done (other than yesterday was a 12 hour day ><)