FAILED - Bitter Feeling

jairussterjairusster Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
As I promised, I will let you guys know whether positive or negative and it is NEGATIVE. I failed the exam, I got a scaled score of 682. Yeah. thats bad for a guy with a Msc.IT....I didn't expect that, I was confident, when I finished the exam.

I only used the Sybex book and watched a few videos from the Cybrary. Hint..Scenario Questions...know your stuff. Don't memorize questions and answers. I dont know how much I can emphasize this.

I have always learned to wake up and dust myself and keep running. I will give it a another shot at the end of the year.

Atleast I know what to expect and where to focus.

Stay thirsty to pass the exam my friends!!!!

Thanks guys, be blessed.

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've been there. Glad to hear you'll try again. Better luck next time!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I saw your other posts but am still unclear as to what your experience entails. How does your background and experience line up with the exam's domains? Also, do you have any other certs?
  • jairussterjairusster Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have almost 10yrs cumulative in IT. I started out as a Network Administrator so Communication and Network Security Domain is my strength. I jumped ship into Application Development with Java being the main language. Currently I work as Enterprise Archer Developer and Database Monitoring with aligns well with Security and Risk Management Domain.

Security Engineering was my weakest Domain going into the exam and as fate would would have it, it was the worst domain on my score. Concerning other Certs, I have Sec+ and SSCP which are just entry level certs.

@cyberguypr, hope I answered your question.

Thanks
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Judging from your last thread
    "I have used the Sybex 7th Ed, took the quizes at the end of the chapter and the Bonus Exams, Cybrary videos. I can't say I feel confident but I am counting on my experience and exam taking skills to sail through."
    I have the same question as cyberguypr, what is your experience?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm sure you'll get it next time. How can one memorize questions and answers for any exam? Surely the questions on the real exam vs. the ones you see on CCCure or Sybex are different. Do you get a breakdown of how you did on the domains at the end?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Paolo264Paolo264 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know your pain. I took the exam last year and failed with a scaled score of 695. A serious kick in the teeth, I would have preferred to fail terribly rather than get that close to a passing mark.

2nd attempt is scheduled for end of Sept and I'm focusing on study Eric Conrad's book vs Shon Harris. Conrads book is much more digestible and easy to move through.
    CISSP | CRISC | ISO27001 Lead Implementer