Options

Offensive Security OSWP - checked

9emin19emin1 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys!

After the completion of my OSCP I decided to jump into OSWP.

It was a straight forward examination and I've indeed learned a lot, just like my OSCP.

It can be done in a week and it's pretty good content, teaching in-depth theory and understanding the underlying concepts.

Most of the attacks are focused on WEP though. It also covers WPA/WPA2, how to set up evil access point, and a few cool tricks.

Worth it for the price!
CREST CCT APP, CRT, CPSA.
Offensive Security OSCE, OSCP, OSWP
SANS GCIH
https://9emin1.github.io/

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you also have to attack WPA/WPA2 implementation? I was thinking about doing this course, thanks for the review and congratulations :)
    The eCPPT course also covers wireless attacks as well. It would be nice if eLearnSecurity would have a wireless certification. I'm wondering if the Wireless stuff in the eCPPT would help out a lot.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Offensive Security really needs to update their WiFu course (again). It's not nearly as old as their CTP content though.

@jamesleecoleman - You don't need to know the Wireless Stuff to pass the eCPPT exam.
  • Options
    Did you also have to attack WPA/WPA2 implementation? I was thinking about doing this course, thanks for the review and congratulations :)
    The eCPPT course also covers wireless attacks as well. It would be nice if eLearnSecurity would have a wireless certification. I'm wondering if the Wireless stuff in the eCPPT would help out a lot.

Yeah I did. It was pretty straight-forward though, the dictionary file was provided. The exam is pretty much "idiot-proof" and there's no way that you can fail it.
    SANS GCIH
  • Options
    eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OSWP is like for retarded people, ctrl+c & ctrl+v expert just like that, you can take course and exam next day - you will just need copy and paste commands from pdf to pass :)
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eth0 wrote: »
    OSWP is like for retarded people, ctrl+c & ctrl+v expert just like that, you can take course and exam next day - you will just need copy and paste commands from pdf to pass :)

LOL, I mean, you don't have to copy and paste the commands if you really wanted to type them using your memory, and it doesn't expire right? So anyone wanting to get in to the IT Sec field it's a cert to look at, especially with offensive security gaining more recognition and move on from there.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I signed up for the course and plan on taking the exam in a couple of weeks. Glad its pretty straight forward.
  • Options
    eth0 wrote: »

I would not say its for "retarded" people. It's more for people who would like to learn. Personally I knew that it will be easy, but having no experience in WiFi hacking and considering the price, it is worth it imho.

I did a KeepNote like my OSCP and I did not refer to the PDF at all. Straight forward stuff. :)
    SANS GCIH