Options

New Comptia Cyber Security Path

Saw this in my inbox today. It looks like it's a step above Security+ but below CASP.

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/cybersecurity-analyst

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where have you been man? We've been talking about this for at least two weeks! LOL.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    danny069 wrote: »
    Where have you been man? We've been talking about this for at least two weeks! LOL.

I was unable to post. I typed in 127.0.0.1 in LOIC and my computer froze up !
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Please don't say you missed the posts because you were playing Pokemon icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was considering this cert because of its cheap price, but there's only a few more weeks to prepare. Pearson VUE shows August 31st as the last day to take it. Also, it seems everyone who's taken it is CISSP/CASP/etc. and been in the security field for years. I've only got a Security+, so I'd likely fall on the failing side of the bell curve.
  • Options
    firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just signed up for it, taking late August. So will see how it goes I guess.
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took it today with 0 preparation beyond knowing how many questions were on it. I was pleasantly surprised with the blend of technical questions along with ones you really had to think through, and I don't think I passed. The sims seemed weird and not at all easy to work with - too many moving parts for how it's presented in those testing centers..but there's plenty of time to work through them. Other than that I thought it was pretty good!
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've never worked in SECOPS, so I view my result as a crapshoot. I wonder if we will find out in September.
  • Options
    firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That bad huh? Well great will see how I do then.lol
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That bad huh? Well great will see how I do then.lol

I found it well aligned with the exam objectives. I wasn't really ready for them since I'm not in that role.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/CompTIA/comments/4shohv/cybersecurity_analyst_exam_objectives/

Targeted study material would make this easily doable.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Chinook wrote: »
    I was unable to post. I typed in 127.0.0.1 in LOIC and my computer froze up !

There's no place like home...unless you DOS yourself into oblivion :)