Options

certifications career, what do you think and recommend?

j@fostesj@fostes Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, i need your opinion...

completed certifications:
CCNA R/S
CCNA WIRELESS

certification to finish this year
CCNA SECURITY

Future Certification:
Linux Essentials
LPIC 1
CCNP R/S
CompTIA Network (is it worth it?)
CompTIA Security (is it worth it?)
OSCP (BIG DREAM...)

My objective is obtain a good skills as an Network Administrator (switch, routing, wireless and Security).
What certifications you recommend?

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you want to be a network admin i'd skip OSCP. Security+ is ok for a general understanding of security topics. A better security read than OSCP would be

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/access-lists/13608-21.html

If you understand & can do that stuff then it'll suit you better as a network admin than OSCP will
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have a bunch of responses in the other thread, why did you make another one?
  • Options
    j@fostesj@fostes Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    You have a bunch of responses in the other thread, why did you make another one?

It was my mistake because I thought I lost the post ... and how I do not know how to delete the post's or edit ... sorry.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I think comptia are waste of time and money unless you are enrolled in WGU and they want you to take it.

any ccna or ccnp. Also, lab it.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Net+ is probably a waste of time if you have 3 CCNAs, unless you have a particular job in mind where they specifically ask for this cert.
    Since CCNA is vendor-specific you could branch out into other vendor certs such as Juniper, etc. You might also want to look into the VMware certs because virtualization is playing a bigger part in networking nowadays.
    Out of the ones you listed CCNP R/S will advance your Network skills the most. Having good R/S knowledge will serve you well in other specialties of networking such as security or wireless.