Options

UGG Failed 200-101 this morning by 1% 815 of needed 825... :(

WarpigWarpig Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been scoring in the mid 900's on Boson for the past two weeks. Took Boson Rev 7/5/2016 200-101 Practice exam #c (The freaking hard one) last night and scored a 953 on it. Figured I was ready and sat my 200-101 this morning. Missed it by 1 bloody answer... scored 815 needed 825.

Turned out I'm strong in "IP Routing Technologies" and weak in "IP Services" (67%)

I have been the weakest in "IP Services" on all of my Boson tests too. Looks like a hard week of study specifically in IP Services is in order.

Comments

• Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll get it next time!

I wouldn't focus solely on IP Services since there were probably only 3 questions on that topic based on it only being 6% of the exam. You probably got 2 out 3 correct in that section.
  • Options
    Good point. 6% of ~50 q's isn't many.

English is my first language. What concerns me now that I have sat the test is there were a couple of questions I feel I may have thrown away because although I knew every English word, they were worded in a way that I still could make no sense at what the point of the question was. They read more like statements than questions. Even factoring in all of the available answers. It's difficult to pick 3 of 6 correct multi-select answers when the way the question is worded makes absolutely no sense. I found myself a few times reading something four or fives times and still scratching my head... Frustrating... maybe I, (or the test makers) need to brush up on our English a little. lol What else could I do? right or wrong, pick the three answers that seem to fit together with each other the best and move on... the clock is a ticking... lol.
  • Options
    Funny, today I took a look at exactly what the "IP Services" category breakdown is for 200-101. FHRP, SYSLOG, SNMP.

Those are three topics I feel the most comfortable with in my own mind??? It seems that the performance report from Cisco if you just take a quick glance at it can be somewhat misleading. It appears that I have always been weak in "IP Services" mostly because not only the real test but my practice software puts in such a small percentage of that category that even if you miss a portion of a multiple select question it knocks your test report percentage all out of whack for that category. Looks like the weighting of the categories can make a big difference. DPG thanks for pointing that out. It seems that the two heaviest weighted categories are Troubleshooting 32% and then IP Routing 26% so my time will likely be better spent focusing on those categories since it would give me the option of answering more questions correctly that I might have missed last time and those have heavier weight.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    like you pointed out. you missed like 10 questions (depending on how cisco assigns points to questions). So, with 70% of the test being spanning tree, ospf, and eigrp, and troubleshooting, you are more likely to have had your errors in those areas. So, you are more likely to do better with more studying in those areas. On the other hand, your studying 70% of the test over.

and, with one more question right, you'd won't be studying for this exam anymore.

Wish you luck with the next exam.
  • Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    For some questions I found it helped if I assumed it was a trick. Try to spot the misleading or less relevant information. Ask yourself if the first answer seems too obvious and if there is a better answer that would more technically fit the framework of what is really being asked. Prove each choice wrong till you only have the answer(s.)
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Wow! thanks Carterw65. That link is very helpful. I feel that had I seen that prior to sitting my test and studied that appendix PDF for a couple days I likely would have had better results on my exam.
  • Options
    jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    better hurry up. Cisco is retiring the ICND1 v2 by the 20th of August
  • Options
    @jcp1856

No, actually the last testing day for 200-101 is 9/24/2016

200-101 ICND2 - Cisco

Although I must pass by 9/7/2016 or start over...
  • Options
    GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jcp1856 wrote: »
    better hurry up. Cisco is retiring the ICND1 v2 by the 20th of August
    Warpig wrote: »
    @jcp1856

No, actually the last testing day for 200-101 is 9/24/2016

200-101 ICND2 - Cisco

Although I must pass by 9/7/2016 or start over...

Just to be clear as you're talking about different exams, last dates for testing on the v2 exams are as follows:

100-101 ICND1 20th August 2016
    200-101 ICND2 24th September 2016

Current Exam List - Cisco
  • Options
  • Options
    GDaines wrote: »
    Just to be clear as you're talking about different exams, last dates for testing on the v2 exams are as follows:

100-101 ICND1 20th August 2016
    200-101 ICND2 24th September 2016

Current Exam List - Cisco

ahh yes I see it now. jcp1856 did say ICND1 v2 even though the thread is clearly on the subject of ICND2 v2 200-101
  • Options
    Cool! Just did my Re-take. Passed 200-101 with an 854 much better than my 815 from last week. CCNA I is... ;)

I spotted at least two "trick" questions this time that I missed last time. A play on words if you will... Told myself I was going to read every question slowly TWICE before I even look at the answers. My first test I went through much faster because I was worried about time management. Still finished it with 5 minutes left taking it slow and patiently.
  • Options
    Awesome job! I take it Tuesday.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go. Get it done.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next?
  • Options
    @caterw65 Wishing you good luck on Tuesday! Hope you nail it!

As for what's next... I was trying to decide between the now retired CCNA Voice and the CCNA Security. I already have the Chris Bryant (udemy) CCNA Security course. I got it for a crazy cheap price ~$15 when I purchased his CCNA v2 udemy course. The course is currently undergoing overhaul on udemy's site. Good news is it was a lifetime purchase so currently I have access to the old course and the parts of the new one as they are being posted to the site. With that being said and Cisco changing the CCNA Voice to Collaboration and I have no materials for that I believe I will be going down the Security road next. I am slightly more interested in the Security aspect of things anyway. I have already watched nearly half of the CCNA Security video's, and downloaded them all from the site, So it seems that will be the next logical step for me. I'd like to do the new version of Voice eventually too.
  • Options