Options

LFCS Passed : A Small Review

Yes, Got the mail today morning. Passed LFCS with 84% Mark. icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Review: -

It was not Too Easy or Too Difficult. But got some tricky questions.
Read the questions carefully.
Time . Time . Time . Its very important. Only 2 Hours. Need to manage time.
Dont waste time by managing tmux or screens.
Finish the questions first that you know.

Study well users & group management, Process management, hard disk partitioning, nfs, searching etc.
Prepared using linuxacademy materials. But I think its not just enough. You need to search more things.

And thanks to linux foundation for the retake. I failed first time . I got just 34%. Well, actually I thought it would be easy. But, no.
Later Prepared again and written the exam. And, this time had some technical issues. Terminal gets restarted in the midlle of the exam frequently. They offered a free voucher to do exam again. Got 73% for that exam . Pass percentage is 74%.
And Last, cleared it. :D My first Linux certification - LFCS.

So any doubts, love to share :)

Comments

• Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you not set up your own lab to practice with? I have a voucher and training for LFCS, but have not used it yet and it expires in december.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Did you not set up your own lab to practice with? I have a voucher and training for LFCS, but have not used it yet and it expires in december.

Used Linuxacademy labs and also create 2 Ubuntu Server VMs In Virtual box. Only CLI, No GUI.
    Dont Wait for December. do it before :D
  • Options
    Congrats!

Thank You :)
  • Options
    Used Linuxacademy labs and also create 2 Ubuntu Server VMs In Virtual box. Only CLI, No GUI.
    Dont Wait for December. do it before :D

How much time did you spend labbing?
  • Options
    Well .. been working about 2 years with Linux. For Exam, Prepared about last 1 month. around 2 Hours average.
  • Options
    Well .. been working about 2 years with Linux. For Exam, Prepared about last 1 month. around 2 Hours average.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    Thanks for the info. This exam also counts towards an Azure MCSA. Who can't love a Linux exam? Who can't love Linux (says a guy writing this on a Windows machine!)
  • Options
    Chinook wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. This exam also counts towards an Azure MCSA. Who can't love a Linux exam? Who can't love Linux (says a guy writing this on a Windows machine!)
    Planning for Azure MCSA :D.. Before that need to complete MCSA server 2012. Already failed 70 411 3 times :D.Linux, Yes its always great .. Its fun to work. But Windows helped me to learn Computers. :D