CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• closclos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i got the link for to take the assessment exam I received it 9-1-16 at 3 a.m central time. and I took the assessment at around 10 a.m. i got 21 correct out of 30 questions they give you. You have an hour to complete it I hope I get in
    did it give you a grade at the end of the exam????
    Abdullah.AA did you get a score at the end of the exam ?????
    mainly linux and windows
  • ifexifex Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Linux n windows.. Wow.. How basic were the questions please
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just took the exam; I don't know Linux very well and I wound up with a low score. I got a whopping 61% on it. 😥

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ifexifex Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam; I don't know Linux very well and I wound up with a low score. I got a whopping 61% on it. 😥

hiii .. have you gotten a reply to scholarship yet
  • roger101roger101 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Got the assessment email today...
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Rcvd the email less than an hour ago:

Congratulations! You have passed the initial qualifications for the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship, and it is now time to take your skills assessment.
    The assessment will evaluate skill levels in four areas: Windows, Linux, Networking, and Security. While we are using the assessment to discover your readiness for the program, we have also introduced some advanced-level questions to help us better understand how to place candidates within the program and provide them with the best mentorship. We do not expect you to know the answers to every single question, so we ask that you simply do your best.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got my email to take the assessment a couple hours ago of this post, and just got finished taking it. We'll see what happens next I guess!
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finished the assessment also. I scored high enough...hoping I qualify.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just took the quiz got 85% I should have scored higher I feel because I didn't fully read a question or two.
  • JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    89% in 14 Minutes strike :D

The test is easy! if i reviewed the answers .....
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wonder what the pass % is to get onto the course? With the amount of people that have applied you would think that they will have it set fairly high.
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    22/30 got correct, although some questions and its answers seemed wrong.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Took mine last week as well, got 91% on the assessment ... should have read the questions a bit more throughly haha!
  • Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    for those asking, yes they show how much score you got at the end of the assessment, no they didnt asak about certification and qualifications so far.

those of us who got the assessment on September 1st and did it then will be contacted within a week according to this guy from Cisco's cyber study group:
    Over this evening and into the morning, there will be a couple kinds of emails going out. Those who have applied to the Cybersecurity Scholarship program but have not yet received an assessment should either receive the assessment they've been waiting for or receive an email indicating that there was something in their original registration that did not qualify them to get an assessment. However, if you're in the latter case, you will be given some advice about how to reapply successfully so that you can take the assessment. Also, for those of you who have already received and taken the assessment, there will be communication later this week that informs you of when your test results will be available.
    Hope this helps,

Gary Pfitzer,
    Content Marketing Manager, Learning@Cisco

good luck all.
  • 8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recieved the email to take the assessment today. I completed it in 18min and scored 71.67%. I have zer0 xp with Linux. I hope they are looking for honest scores and not perfect scores. ;)
  • SkeyeLlamaSkeyeLlama Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the assessment invite early this morning as well. I ended up with a score of 28.5/30.

The questions were not advanced material, and some were a bit sloppy. I had one with some incorrect terminology and one that was half incorrect based on CCNA Security material. At least one other seemed to be intentional nonsense.
  • LinguisticsLinguistics Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received mine this morning around 2AM but didn't realized it and went to work then took and finished it around 230pm. I think I scored an 85 if my math is correct according to the number correct out of 30.

The email says "If you pass this assessment, you will qualify for our valued scholarship to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops certification"

However, another portion of the email says "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS".

So, I guess yeah you may pass it but depending on what number you were to take it, then you are either in luck or out. So a person scoring 83 whom takes it today may get in while a person scoring 100%, yet, doesn't realize he has the email and takes in 4 days from now may not get in.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting that they are quizzing you on Linux and Windows . I looked at the blueprint and found a section for "Host based analysis" which makes up 19% of the exam. So that must be why.

[B]1.0 Network Concepts[/B]

[TABLE="class: jiveBorder"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]12%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]2.0 Security Concepts[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]17%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]3.0 Cryptography[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]12%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]4.0 Host Based Analysis[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]19%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]5.0 Security Monitoring[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]19%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]6.0 Attack Methods[/B]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][B]21%[/B]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the future. I'm guessing the NA Cyber Ops will be easy-mode Linux and Windows but NP and IE will go much deeper, but hopefully not too deep since I have no interest in becoming a sys admin.
    I dont think there will be an IE CyberOps......
    but hopefully not too deep since I have no interest in becoming a sys admin.

A good sys admin, a good!, knows where to look for incidents ;) so it will cross some stuff
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Completed the assessment as well. They stated they will notify you in a few days after passing the assessment - which wasn't that hard.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SkeyeLlama wrote: »
    I got the assessment invite early this morning as well. I ended up with a score of 28.5/30.

The questions were not advanced material, and some were a bit sloppy. I had one with some incorrect terminology and one that was half incorrect based on CCNA Security material. At least one other seemed to be intentional nonsense.

This. A subject matter expert should've checked the questions and answers
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took an assessment the same day I received an e-mail from Cisco. It was last Thursday (08.09.2016). Today I received the following information from Cisco:
    Because of the intense interest in the scholarship program, there have been many test takers and thus a lot of results to review and analyze. By the end of October, we will let you know if there is availability in the program based on your results and student demand. Your studies will come in time for the upcoming release of the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum.
    So I still need to wait around 1.5 months for final verdict.
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Received the same email.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just signed today, hope to get in and receive the desired mail, if I'm not late!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
    Botch OCGs are now listed at amazon.

ETA March / April 2017
  • drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone received further feedback after the assessment? Still waiting to see if accepted or not.