Options

Cancelled my ICND1 100-101 today

normslandnormsland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

I had been scheduled to take my ICND1 on Thursday. I thought I had covered a lot of the material. However after taking the Boson tests yesterday noticed that my best score was 75% which isn't good enough. Unfortunately the weather is simply too good in the UK at the moment and with the Olympics on at the moment it does not really help locking myself in trying to study. I have decided to go back to my original plan of doing the 200-125 later on in the year in winter when there are less distractions. Then take my time to enjoy myself and enjoy going through labs. Rather than be hurried by looming 100-101 deadline and not learn as much.

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We all have to work at our own pace. If you are like many people here you will probably dedicate considerable resources and time to this test.

I would like to suggest to anyone that is uncomfortable with idea of taking the test to do it anyway with the understanding you don't expect to pass. It is a very cheap way to get real exposure to the exam and the environment you will be testing in. Sometimes anticipation is the hardest part.

Enjoy the weather and GL with the future test.
  • Options
    normslandnormsland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the encouragement Jon_Cisco. Unfortunately the final third of the course/blueprint was just a bit too much for me to cover in less than a week. I will carry on with my studies and keep an eye on the new course material for CCNA R&S v3 composite. Unfortunately all of the local testing centres were full this week. So the commute 1hrs 20mins to the rest centre instead of 40mins didn't help my decision. Looking forward to more labbing and learning.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I would like to suggest to anyone that is uncomfortable with idea of taking the test to do it anyway with the understanding you don't expect to pass. It is a very cheap way to get real exposure to the exam and the environment you will be testing in.

100% agreed.
    Go take and Flunk the test.

Generally speaking, People need to stop being afraid of Failing.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think they are afraid of failing.

They don't want to pay Cisco a $150 for a second opinion on weather they should have studied more.

Take your time, but dedicate some time everyday to studying. You don't want anything to go stale in your memory. But, you will get real good at the commands doing them over and over. and that is really important in this timed test.

I had a job where i did a lot of the commands that are on the icnd1 test everyday. I finished the icnd1 with 10 minutes to spare. I studied 4 weeks on the icnd2. Never seen most of the material on the exam before that. I just took the icnd2, 75 minutes for 47 questions. With 25 minutes to go, I had 20 questions left. I rushed through those last questions. Never double checking for wrong answers. Finished with 30 seconds on the clock. My score was a 881 with a pass. I rushed out the door before they could change their mind.

Lots of practicing really comes in handy. Be very familiar with the commands. Saving a few seconds a question, will give you extra time to validate your answers.

Good luck with your exams.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well,
    i've seen posts on here from people who took 6 months to study for the test.
    (they kept pushing and pushing the date)

Then, they finally go take the test... and FAIL.

6 months is WAY too long.
    They probably should have taken the exam after 3 months.
    Then, they could have reassessed their strengths/weaknesses and refocused from there.

Don't get me wrong,
    they would have LOST $150... but they would have SAVED 3 months of time.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From the time I took my first Cisco course and took the first exam was about 10 years. I should have never waited that long, but I had fear I would fail it. I should have been a CCIE in that time.

I agree with volfkhat, study thoroughly for about 3 months and go take the test. Maybe 6 months if you are taking the composite. I think the two test option is best for most because there is less to study, the tests are a "little" easier, and you get an ego boost sooner.