Options

Best book for current SSCP

jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm currently a Systems Administrator and focusing on AirWatch to secure devices to ensure security and compliance (laptops and phones). I was looking for the best cert that aligns and would compliment my job, and the SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner) cert seems to be it. With that being said, I'd like to know what's the best book for the current exam, and if anyone has any advice for me.

Comments

• Options
    ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When it comes to the SSCP it depends on how much you are willing to invest. When I took it in 2011 I used the official ISC2 CBK second edition, and for the areas that overlapped with the CISSP that I wanted to delve deeper in I used Shon Harris All-in-one CISSP book. If I were to take the exam today I would go with a combination of Darril Gibson's SSCP All-In-one second edition with the 2015 updates, and the Official IS2 SSCP CBK.

A co-worker who took it at the same time I did failed the exam, but after following my methodology he was able to pass it for the next exam.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I passed the SSCP exam in April 2015. I started studying shortly after I passed the Security+ exam. I started with Darril Gibson's AIO. Then I studied the corresponding sections in Shon Harris' CISSP guide and William Gregg's CASP guide. Then I watched the corresponding CISSP, Cryptography, and CASP videos on Cybrary. I also took a bazillion practice questions on CCCure.

I also downloaded the official exam objectives and made sure that I was familiar with every point on the list.

I probably overstudied, but I did pass the first time.