Options

Passed 901!

Falls_TechFalls_Tech Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I passed 901 yesterday with a score of 848. I used Exam Cram, CertBlaster, Professor Messer, Mike Meyers on Udemy.com and other free stuff on the internet. The 848 really surprised me. I was thinking more like low 700's as I was taking the test.

On at least 10 of the multiple choice I was able to eliminate 2 choices right off the bat and then I was left with 2 possibilities. And I'd be thinking, neither choice makes any sense. So I'd take my best guess and move on. There were times when I was thinking, I didn't study this. But there were a lot of easy ones I could rapidly click through. I'd say that a lot of what I studied was not on the test.

There were only 3 other test takers in the room and one of them started typing 100 miles an hour at the end of her test. Lots of noise coming from her keyboard. I can only guess that she had an opportunity to leave a comment.

Anyway, on to 902.......

Comments

• Options
    adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, how long did you study?
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    @Trucido

About 4.5 months. It was over kill. I realize now that I was studying stuff that will be on the 902 and Network+
  • Options
    ruzaj36ruzaj36 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Marc KMarc K Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. Good to know.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Looks like 902 will be harder. However I just downloaded Professor Messers 902 notes and they look like they'll be a big help...
  • Options
    otakenotaken Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cong, by the way, how many drag and performance based questions?
  • Options
    6 performance based questions and thats about all I can say......
  • Options
    zabe1zabe1 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Quick question. You mentioned certblaster. Was it certblaster or cert master by comptia?
  • Options
    CertBlaster....I'd give it a rating of 'good', maybe 8 out of 10. I just took a 5 question sample test by Measure Up. I'm thinking Measure Up might be better.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats nice score!
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratss!! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    benzspidabenzspida Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies.....

So I picked up Dave Prowse new book: Exam Cram 220-901, 220-902 Practice Questions. 640 questions. And these questions are a step up from his other A+ book. Forget those $100+ exams and buy this. I picked it up off Amazon for something like $17 and it covers both exams.
  • Options
    SteffGirlSteffGirl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brother, i saw you said something about Dave Prowse New Book. Did it help out alot.Are most of the questions similar to his book.? Sorry for this question, but you will be saving me alot of money and stress. Thanks Bro
  • Options
    Hey Steff....the new Prowse book came out after I passed the 901, as did Pro Messers $10 quiz question package. And I haven't taken the 902 yet. Although I could probably pass it right now. I'll keep studying to make sure. Plus we've got a 3 day community wide garage sale coming up that may further put the 902 off for awhile.

Anyway, if I were just starting on the 901 here's what I would do......

Buy a book from Prowse, Meyers, Gibson, whoever. A+ is not rocket science......

Buy the new Prowse book off Amazon for $17. Its a lot of bang for the buck....

Buy gcgapremium.com 901/902 package. All of his stuff is good to go.....

Buy Pro Messers questions for $10 each.....

And yes some folks can read a book and pass the test.......
  • Options
    desiree95desiree95 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i need to get this A+ cert....studied for 801 and 802. took the test 1 week before it retired and i sure damn failed it 801-not much of points maybe just 15 pts so im guessing 5 questions the 802-i failed it big time, 400 out of 700....do you think the questions were anything similar from the 801 and 802? what do i need go over or refresh my memory before I try to take the test for 901/902? Thanks!
  • Options
    HolyPuckHolyPuck Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I just passed the 902 on my first attempt with a score of 772. This exam is a step up from the 901. I had 3 PBQ and they were all tough. Looked at them at first and couldn't get anywhere with them. So on to the mult choice thinking I could blow them away. Uh...no. I found myself guessing on far to many of them. Went back to the 3 PBQ and started to put it all together. You really have to know what your doing to complete them....

So on to Network+........
  • Options
    congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    drigo2016drigo2016 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is a passing score for both 901 /902???
  • Options
    675 on the 901 and 700 on the 902 out of a total possible points of 900.

on the 902 I had a pbq (performance based question) that clearly had 2 parts to it so I'm betting that a person could get partial credit on it. When I came back to the 3 pbq on the 902 I nailed them all. all the trouble came from the multiple choice questions.
  • Options
    N.SN.S Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats !
    :

• Options
    ThePuterGeekThePuterGeek Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What is next on your cert path?
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Right now I'm studying for Network+. Haven't bought a book yet though. Just watching the Messer free videos so far.

Anyone know what carrier they use to send out the A+ certification kits? 2 Fridays ago my Comptia account said that my kit was 'shipped' but I've received nothing, so far.
  • Options
    Congrats!
    :