Options

Dual domain logon

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

We have 2 networks in our school Admin and Curriculum, setup using VLAN. Does anyone know what the process is to enable dual domain login. I always need access to both and would like to do that from the one machine

Any help would be great

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    a trust between the domains.
    witty comment
  • Options
    do i need to configure anything on the switches because thats how they are seperated using vlan's, could u explain the full process if u can please

Thanks

lee h
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    unfortunately i don't know much about VLANs so i can't help on that.
    witty comment
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Could be wrong here, but if you have layer three switches I don't believe you need to make any adjustments. If not, you'll need a router to pass traffic between the VLAN's. The segment the servers reside on is irrelevant if you have a layer three switched network.
  • Options
    Hi

Yes we do have layer 3 switches, we have 2 in our office. All the other switches in the school connect to these layer 3 switches, i think my machine connects directly to one of the layer 3 switches, just wondering what is involved to configure dual logon it would be really useful for me

Thanks

Lee H
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    I'm assuming that these two domains are in separate AD forests?

If so you need to set up a Cross-Forest Trust, do a Google search on this term and you should be able to find a walk-through.

Otherwise, if they are in the same forest you could easily do an Explicit Trust. If you have many sub-domains in the same forest, you can do a Shortcut Trust between any of them. Search on this term as well.
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    the vlans only block broadcast traffic from each other by default, so if you are on one vlan and want to talk to another a specific request would go through unless your network admin blocks traffic between certain vlans. :D
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.