Options

70-215 Pass rate

mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
Hi guys, im new to this forum and need a bit of help. I have just recently passed 70-210 which I thought was pretty easy. And have started studying for 70-215.

My question is this, does anyone have an idea as to what the actual pass mark is ? I know Microsoft are keeping these things under their belt. Any other advice for the exam would be great. Study wise, im using Transcenders, and Smartcertify CBTs which are OK.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Mike
A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    There is really no way to know what the passing score for an exam is. But it's fairly safe to say that if you get 80% or higher you should pass.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice...
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They changed the format and now you get feedback. They also tell you the pass is 700 but from what? From my 70-218 result I would say its 700/1000 because it looks like I only blasted about 4 questions (from 50) and I scored 938.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, dont know if its worse know your actual results or not !!!
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's better - cos you get to see what parts you are weaker at, that way you won't waste time going back over the stuff you are good at if you need to do a re-take.
  • Options
    Good point, im an optimist so I always aim to pass !

Thanks for the exam info anyway.

Mike
  • Options
    dhananjeydhananjey Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Your thought is somewhat correct. But the exam has the maximum mark of 1050. Today I scored 1025.
  • Options
    fatbobsufcfatbobsufc Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I felt compelled to add this reply since if you search for "70-215 pass rate" in Google this is one of the first hits. I took my server exam today and passed. The reason I am posting is because reading the posts on here worried me a bit. People saying they were getting over 90% in Transcender exams etc. All my Transcender result for this exam and 70-210 were 55%-65% and I passed both exams first time. After reading these posts this morning I went into the exam feeling sure I would fail. You see the thing is, that getting the Transcender questions wrong is actually good practice for the exam since if a similar question comes up in the exam you DEFINITELY WON'T get it wrong a second time!! icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I thought this may ease the mind of any other nervous exam takers who are trying to find the pass mark on Gooogle!!!
  • Options
    fatbobsufcfatbobsufc Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After re-reading what I posted yesterday I think it is important to point out that I wasn't suggesting the the Transcender exams are a substitute for good old fashioned study. I used the official Microsoft course material linked with tutored training. The Transcender exams are helpful for identifying your weakest areas but are no substitute for study. Always make sure that if there is an area you are weak on, you get your nose back in the relevant chapter of your study like I did, and you will find it helps prepare you for a real world IT job much more than just being good at the tests.
  • Options
    rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    According to Certification Magizine 70-215 has 51 questions you have 120 minutes to answeer them. A passing score is a least 660 or 34 of the 51 right.