Options

Passed SY0-401

gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed the SY0-401 today with an 822 score, used Gibson's book to prepare.
"I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    How much experience do you have? What do you plan to do with your new certification?
    Congratulations
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thank you Plantwiz!

I have about 16 years of experience in various areas of IT and I took this test because it was required by WGU, not sure if it would make any impact on my career besides that.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    H@pp3n!ngH@pp3n!ng Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    IQ16IQ16 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear GKCA,

First congratulations for your brilliant success. I would like to know I am CCNA security certified, have some experience in security.
    For preparation, I read CompTIA Security+ Guide also watch professor messer videos. Could you please tell me about Gibson any online link.
    Is its necessary to buy the Gibson book ?

thanks,
    IQ
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats - Whats next on the list?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYEN, H@pp3n!ng, AndersonSmith, IQ16, BuzzSaw - thanks!

IQ16, I don't know if it is necessary to buy that book, probably not as the test is pretty basic tbh.

BuzzSaw, I plan to concentrate on finishing my WGU journey, so just Project+ for WGU and 2V0-621 to renew my VCP.
  • Options
    IQ16IQ16 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone,

Any one have latest VCE software version ?? i have old one Please will let me know..

Thanks,
  • Options
    Numb3r2Numb3r2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am currently in the first week of a two week class on security +. We all test Friday Sept 2nd. Can you give any tips on what practice tests you used and and insight on the performance based questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!