Options

Passed 200-101

jerry557jerry557 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
Score of 960.

I now have a CCNA. icon_cheers.gif

It was harder than ICND1, even though I ended up scoring higher. There was less time. With ICND1 I had 20+ minutes to spare. With this one, I had less than 4 minutes when I got to the last question.

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great score, and nice pass :)

I've been noticing a lack of "perfect" scores on these CCNA/CCNP exams...Is it even feasible to get 1000, or are we automatically starting 40-points in the hole?

Conspiracy!
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, what study materials did you use?
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sy Kosys wrote: »
    Great score, and nice pass :)

I've been noticing a lack of "perfect" scores on these CCNA/CCNP exams...Is it even feasible to get 1000, or are we automatically starting 40-points in the hole?

Conspiracy!

Cisco does say that it is possible. But, there isn't a lot of transparency. They do hid a lot behind the non disclosure agreement. They just tell you if you passed or not. They don't tell you what questions you got wrong and why. So, it is easy to wonder why you received the score that you did.

I can think of a few things that they could do that would help me get a higher score. But, if we all received higher scores, Cisco would just raise the passing score. So, you'd see more 1000's, but you also might need 950 to pass.

There is no gold, silver, bronze, particapation trophy given with your passing score. I received the same certification as everyone that passed with a 1000.

So, what I think, is that Cisco is just creating a level playing field. We all get the same questions, on the same monitor, in the same envioronment. Then they set a passing score where someone that knows the material will pass. the idea isn't to see who can get the highest score. But, weather you know the material well enough.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I have seen people claim to get 1000 on various tests, but I think they were using ****. Not saying it isn't possible that someone is sharp as a tack and just "Gets It", but that isn't me!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    jerry557jerry557 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Trucido wrote: »
    Congrats, what study materials did you use?

I used mainly Lammle's book to study. I did use Odom's book too but for mainly additional reference and more depth on certain concepts. I didn't mind Odom's ICND1 book, but his ICND2 had so much redundant info that I ended up skipping though a lot of it.

I also used Laz Diaz's video course on Udemy and Danscourses on YouTube. Did a lot of packet tracer labs. Cisco says right on their website that 1/3rd of the test is troubleshooting. So while studying, my strategy was to focus on how you'd go about figuring out how something is failing.

I've also taken some networking courses through school and had already passed Network+. So some foundation in networking concepts was built from that.