Options

CCNA Marking scheme

jasonijasoni Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Ive had a poke around but cant seem to find the answer Im looking for.. Sorry if it has been asked already...

Now I have done the CNAP (cisco network academy) and the tests we did in class seem to get marked as a percentage... ie 51 out of 60 points is a mark of 85%...

Is that the marking format that the actual exam comes in?? Or is it different. I hear you get marks for showing up..

I just wanna work out if I am ready.. my two last practice exams (official cisco) that were part of my course I was around the 85-90 mark..

Comments

• Options
    Joe A.Joe A. Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If your what your really asking is, if others here think that you are prepared for the exam based on your pratice exam scores? Read Mikej412"s reply to an almost similar question {underlying tone } to yours, hope it helps.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13639

As far as the weighted scoring scheme I don't know how Cisco's scoring formula really works.

Logic tells me that the writing style that your are being faced with in your Academy class pratice exams,is much easier than what would be on the ACTUAL exam,just a thought.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Joe A. wrote:
    Read Mikej412"s reply to an almost similar question
    Sigh.... I hoped you had found the post about the passing percentage.... its out there somewhere -- and I couldn't find it. The 2nd part about the Academy is also buried out there somewhere -- maybe.

Eveyone talks about the high passing score for the CCNA - 85% .... when in reality its closer to 79%

The test scale is 300-1000 so showing up gets you 300 points. I was up late and haven't had my coffee yet.... but take the score (either passing or your exam score) and the max score and subtract the 300 points. Divide the score by the adjusted max score (700)... and multiply by 100

My 962 on the CCNA which sounds like a 96.2% is really
    (662/700)*100=94.57

As for performance on the Academy Final..... can't find that post either.... so study all the previous module exam questions..... those questions aren't on the real test -- but the topics covered on those questions are a good indication of the topics covered on the real exam. And if you can't remember the questions (and answers) when you are reviewing them, its a good indicator that you need to brush back up on the topic.

As for you score -- I averaged a 98.7% and one of my CNAP classmates averaged a high 96% or low 97% for all the CNAP CCNA courses..... I missed a perfect score on the CCNA by 38 points and she passed by 35 points. So there are the intangibles like test taking ability that also come into play on the cisco exam. The real test questions can be tricky -- so you should read the question, read all the answers, and then reread the question again...... You might miss one word and change the meaning of the question -- and they have the "correct wrong answer" as the first option. I remember at least 8 of those questions from my CCNA days, and someone else mentioned 14.

That said -- The Academy Courseware contains everything you need to know for the CCNA exam -- and a lot lot lot lot lot more. That's all I used for my CCNA, but if you find that you need to review because you took the course spread out over a year or more, then you might want to consider the Sybex book (unless its NAT you need to brush up on -- then see if there is a downloadable Sybex update or get a Cisco Press book).

For the CCNA Exam -- kick it up a notch from what you did on the semester final exams and you should be fine. It does seem like you get partial credit, at least on the sims... but only Cisco knows for sure.

Cisco Press Flash cards and practice exams might be something else to try. I think there is a 100 page pdf file that hits all the highlights for INTRO and ICND topics on the CD -- some overlap between the sections but that could be a fast review (if you read fast and remember everything).

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    sriramtejosriramtejo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys i am going to write ccna exam and i have a question about the how the marking goes.

for example if there is a multiple answer question even if one goes wrong will all the answer will be wrong or will i get the marking regarding the number of answers correct.

please do answer me

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm not sure if they give partial credit, but it doesn't really matter. Answer as many as you can correct and you will either pass or fail. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.