Had my 1st Security Interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Awesome news.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, what state are you working in??
  • Options
    JGDailyJGDaily Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's awesome! Congrats. Keep us updated with more information. I get geeked out when people with similiar interests get a nice opportunity.
  • Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cmztechcmztech Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So, it took you about 13 days to hear back.. I had my first security interview, also. This Wednesday will be 14days and still no word back (strike concern face here)

Plus my questions were much different in that they were extremely open ended to which end I am not sure if they wanted me to keep stacking on details or what but they would ask Q's like "if you had to deploy a network from scratch how would you do it?" I felt I connected as you did, but afterwards I thought of a million ways that I could have answered my questions better.

(insert more nail biting here)

Good luck to you @yellowpad! Exciting indeed. Wish me luck, too!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the new position!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Good for you!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats dooder! Cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone!! I have been working and preparing myself really hard to get my foot in the door. I know I can do the job and I am confident that I can.

It took me about a week before I got the call that the team likes me drive, personality, and dedication to learning. They asks if I am willing to accept the offer contingency on the background...It was an oral offer which I accepted orally. I signed the paper once my background cleared.

From my research on the team and dept., it is where I want to call home for awhile and concentrate on learning and proving myself....my starting pay is good, boss and the team seems great...and I will get to do practically everything network security related stuffs. I can't wait to get my hands dirty :)

My 2-cents to ya'll that wants to get in to security. Keep on creating your security path, get your certs, and understand concepts....equally important, show your value to the panel.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, Great news
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The connection is important. May you have great news shortly!!!
    cmztech wrote: »
    So, it took you about 13 days to hear back.. I had my first security interview, also. This Wednesday will be 14days and still no word back (strike concern face here)

Plus my questions were much different in that they were extremely open ended to which end I am not sure if they wanted me to keep stacking on details or what but they would ask Q's like "if you had to deploy a network from scratch how would you do it?" I felt I connected as you did, but afterwards I thought of a million ways that I could have answered my questions better.

(insert more nail biting here)

Good luck to you @yellowpad! Exciting indeed. Wish me luck, too!
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)