Options

Teksystems

nygs82nygs82 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
So today I had a great interview with a company that's direct hire thru teksystems but the first 30 days are contract to hire I have a full time job already that's non i.t. related the position that I interviewed for is a help desk position. It will be my first i.t. job .I'm hesitant to take it because of the 30 day contract part so if the company feels I'm not a good fit they can let me go . MY QUESTION to you guys are what should I do I have a family who counts on my income and benefits? Any advice or suggestions will be helpful thx in advance.

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's pretty standard when going through recruiters. If you've talked to the company and they said they'll hire you on after 30 days and everything checks out, then go for it. I've done contract to hire before and it's fine, you're just on a probationary period really.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    treat those 30 days as if you'll be fired. Not in a bad way, but really sell yourself. work extra, help as much as you can and soak up knowledge.
    You want those training you to be so worked from it, that they'll not want to have to train your replacement.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Remember 99.9% of employers can fire you for no reason anyways, even if your not contract to hire. You could go through 5 interviews, get hired and they find they don't like you after a few weeks...

I say go for it!
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since you need the income and Benefits. I would past.. I would only touch that job if I was unemployed. Just my 2 cents
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    ananth234ananth234 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No harm in trying if you searching for a job.