Options

WGU BS Network Admin or Security?

couponcoupon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, lots job ask for BS degree. So I would like to get the WGU BS degree done.

I have 3 Comptia certs(A+, Net+, Security+), also CCNA and one MCP server 2012, all certs are active. Not sure how many credits can transfer.

Should I take the CCNA security exam and go for BS security since I already have CCNA? Or take 2 more MCP server 2012 exams get the MCSA and do the BS Network Admin?

For the certs I can get it on my own time, right now just want to get the degree which path will be faster?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on those certs! If they were all achieved in last 5 years, all of them will transfer into WGU.

IMO don't pick the "fastest path", pick the one you will enjoy the most and the direction you see yourself going into - either systems or networking/security.

Cheers!
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    I'll reiterate that you should go with the path that fits you best instead of the fastest one. To answer your question, MCSA will transfer a lot of credits to WGU. MCSA is not easy to achieve on your own though, especially if you don't have much real world experience with Windows Server. CCNA Security will be way more doable for you probably
  • Options
    couponcoupon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello iBrokeIT and nster, thank you for your reply. I agree with you, since I have Net+ and CCNA, and I like Network more, the security path makes more sense to me.

I studied the CCNA and MCP server 2012 on my own, both passed on the first try but I feel Microsoft exam is harder then CCNA. Now the only reason I want to study MCSA because some Network jobs require you know Server 2012. I kinda want to learn both.