Options

About to take Sec+

OpusDixieOpusDixie Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
My exam starts in less than 1 hour. I'm a bit nervous about the style of questions being different than those in the Gibson GCGA book. I'll find out soon I guess. My subnetting skills are found lacking, but I think I've got most of the ports down, and I've gone over as many free practice questions as I could find. Wish me luck!

Cheers,
-OD

Comments

• Options
    ropeajropeaj Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested in hearing about your testing experience. I'm planning on taking the test in September. Good luck!

AJ
  • Options
    OpusDixieOpusDixie Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I passed with an 831!!!

I skipped over the performance questions, and tackled the regular questions first. I agree with everyone who says the questions can be vaguely worded, and that the "best" answer can be relative. It took me a little over an hour, and I made liberal use of the flag option. After I finished answering the flagged/skipped questions, I had enough time to go back through every question just to double-check, which helped. The missus threatening me with physical violence if I failed was also a huge motivator!

Study materials were mainly Gibson's "Get Certified, Get Ahead", some of the Sybex study Guide, some Professor Messer's materials, and whatever free practice questions I could find. I tried the Cert Master, but didn't care for it. Also, I bought the bundle with the retake ($386), so I think that gave me a little extra confidence to go ahead and go for it.

Good luck on your exam!!!

-OD
  • Options
    Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! :) Skipping over the PBQ'S was a good move as well as using the flagging to your advantage. Sometimes I wonder whether the person or person writing the exams for CompTia are smoking something funny, because the question truly have to make people think, not because they are hard questions, it's just because they are asked in an odd manner.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP