Options

Scheduled ICND2 before change

toasterboy1toasterboy1 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally bit the bullet and scheduled my ICND2 exam for Sep 9, mostly because I wanted to get it done before the version change. Starting to stress as I have not been able to lab much with my new job. I have been reading, rereading, doing flashcards, and going through some practice tests/questions. Think I have STP down pretty good. Going to hit EIGRP and OSPF really hard now.

Comments

• Options
    cmztechcmztech Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat. I'm taking ICND2 sometime within the first week of Sept. Probably not a bad idea to schedule ahead of time though!

I was checking out the objectives here:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/icnd2_v2/exam-topics

I'm studying the 200-101 Wendell Odom book and using the Boson Netsim simulator.

Sorting through some old threads, too. Found a couple of pretty cool links in some 2012 thread. Compliments of @alxx

http://www.firewallninja.info/2015/07/free-ccna-resources-20.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/3800-series-integrated-services-routers/49044-sw-upgrade-proc-ram.html

https://www.petri.com/layer-by-layer-troubleshooting-cisco
  • Options
    Today is the day. I do not feel as prepared as I did for CCENT, there seems to be a lot of different topics, but too late to postpone with the exam being retired. Here is hoping I do as well as those that passed over the last few weeks. Congrats to you all!
  • Options
    Failed! 815/1000! Not much else to say. Will have to study for version 3.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that is a tough one. isn't 825 a pass? So, you missed it by one question.
    You have a better idea of what you need to know. and more time to study it.
    Good luck on the next one.
  • Options
    Yeah. That was the hardest part. Looks like I might still have time to retest before the deadline but should I is the question. Few things on the exam I know I missed and could study those areas more. Versus the new exam that has stuff I have never seen before.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Unlucky, stay positive and good luck for the next exam.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    Scheduled a retest on the 24th. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
  • Options
    get as much studying in as you can before then.
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What was your % breakdown if I may ask? You basically missed by 1 question.
  • Options
    LAN Switching Technologies 73%
    IP Routing Technologies 64%
    IP Services 33%
    Troubleshooting 88%
    WAN Technologies 75%
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's what I'll suggest: On each section, I would suggest going to the Cisco website.. You find the obscure that you might be questioned on..All of the authors out there don't cover the obscure

First Hop Redundancy Protocols Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS Release 15M&T - Configuring GLBP [Cisco IOS 15.4M&T] - Cisco
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    mundstickmundstick Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain!

I failed today with an 785 so a few more questions missed. I was annoyed enough so I can imagine you are livid at getting so close icon_cry.gif

I am debating the same myself. Do I jump back in and rebook... I am pretty sure I have most of the concepts firmly in my head. I think if I push a bit more WAN technologies it would get me through.

Decision, decisions!
  • Options
    8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm only 1 chapter into ICND2 and will sit for the exam on the 23rd. Full speed Mr. Sulu!
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LAN Switching Technologies 73%
    IP Routing Technologies 64%
    IP Services 33%
    Troubleshooting 88%
    WAN Technologies 75%

IP services is only 6 percent, so I assume with a result like 33% you probably got 1 out of 3 correct. IP routing has a 26% weight which is the 2nd highest. So I would focus mostly on that since you only got 64% on it.
  • Options
    That was my assumption too. I started writing out the IP Routing protocols, again, this time side-by-side in a table with different colors. I though the IP Services section in the book again but did not have any "ah ha" moments for studying.
  • Options
    Passed!
    894/1000
    LAN Switching Technologies 100%
    IP Routing Technologies 71%
    IP Services 100%
    Troubleshooting 76%
    WAN Technologies 100%
  • Options
    way to go. nothing like beating the deadline.
  • Options
    R9 290XR9 290X Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats toasterboy,

I was in a similar situation where I wanted to pass the ICND2 200-101 before the exam changed. Luckily, I passed on my first try on the day before the last day you can take the exam. Was under extreme pressure because I spent time and classes on the the last CCNA and would have hated to have failed. Not to mention that I wouldn't have had any chance to retake it. I wouldn't want to spend more time on the new topics on the new exam not to mention if I had failed the old topics that I spent studying on wouldn't have been useful (thus no reward on the time I spent on it).

By the way, which resources did you use to study? Just curious.
  • Options
    Used the Lammle book mostly. Hit the internet for a few things I could not seem to keep straight but did not really clear things up much. My work has Skillsoft setup for the employees and there was 1001 CCNA Routing and Switching Practices questions for Dummies and CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 Study Guide (Certification Press) on there that I could use while I was at work. Ran through the labs in the Lammle book and then a few of the extra lab that you get sent when you "register" your book.

Really wish there was more out there than the Cisco Press stuff for CCNP stuff. Also wanting to beef up my home lab but not sure which direction to go. Security or R/S.