Options

Another pass!

showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just this morning. :) Used Sybex book, CBT nuggets, and comptia cert study. Scheduled the test in early August. Gave myself three weeks. Background is A+, Network+, CCNA(just recertified).

To all who are studying, just understand the basics to pass, but make sure you learn in-depth for on the job work.

Comments

• Options
    Numb3r2Numb3r2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am currently in the first week of a two week class on security +. We all test Friday Sept 2nd. Can you give any tips on what practice tests you used and and insight on the performance based questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Hey Number, good luck man first and foremost. For me, I didn't use practice exams, in the sense of one might think. I only used the Sybex book end of chapter questions, and only when I finished reading a chapter. Never reviewed them past that.

I also bought the 375 deal from comptia, another reason I tested so quick because I knew I had another chance. So after each chapter, whatever objectives it covered, I went through the cert manager comptia thing. Never reviewed those beyond the chapter as well.

My background gave me some confidence that I would pass easily, that and I had another chance if I failed.

The test itself was easier than I thought, nothing different in terms of questions from the network+ or a+. It just asked questions based on the material you studied. That's how I felt taking it, passing it and now looking back.

Hope this helps.

-Oscar
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Thanks, I have mine in the morning...
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    Nice Berk. You'll nail it man, luck to you Sir.
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Thanks i nailed it. 841/900 Tough tough tough. I was not confident when hitting the end test button.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005