Options

Passed

BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
841/900

Whew! That was a challenge, I was not confident on most questions. 72 questions, 6 sims, spent right at an hour. Questions were tough and vaguely similar to my practice tests / quizzes.

Glad that one is over.
Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    atahmasatahmas Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm up for next thursday. Which practice exams did you use? I can imagine the joy and relief as you walked out of there. Still some summer left to enjoy.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next for you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    drftordiedrftordie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man I just passed today as well.icon_cheers.gif It was tougher than I thought as well.
  • Options
    I used Gibson and Certmaster (which I feel was useless). It's not good enough to know the topics, you needs to know the nitty gritty details about the topics.Everything sentence in Gibson's book is fair game to Comptia.

Next, I probably go ahead and start CISSP as once I get to exam time I'll have the necessary requirements. The SSCP is another option I am considering which should prepare me for the CISSP.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    mandy7777mandy7777 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade:thumbup:
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    IQ16IQ16 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear BerkshireHerd,

First of all many many congratz, I would like to ask which simulations have you done?? is there any configuration on firewall routers type simulations ??

and where i can get these sim??

Thanks ,
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    I did not have any firewall sims. Darril Gibson has some paid content on his site that has some sim practice I will say they were good to get a feel for the sims, but completely different actual questions.
  • Options
    StiffmeisterStiffmeister Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So you're saying that the paid content simulations are possibly...outdated or not useful? I only ask because I had one PBQ where I had no idea what it wanted me to do. It would be nice to find PBQ's similar to the test so you're not caught completely off guard. Considering the Gibson paid content though if it's not simple drag drop matching terms.

I'm going through Certmaster now, taking notes. Then going to watch the Professor Messer free videos, then re-read Gibson's book right before testing....again.
  • Options
    JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Gibson paid content and they are helpful. The PBQ's I got were pretty similar to the ones the Gibson's offers. So I would say they are helpful
  • Options
    Nana zakiNana zaki Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what did you mean The PBQ's
  • Options
    JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Performance Based Questions
  • Options
    I would so they were not very similar in appearance or GUI, however they were similar in a sense where you may have a diagram and then a list of devices / controls and based on the question you would need to decide where the "Best" place for each device /control to go would be ...
  • Options
    DangoDango Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What practice test quiz or engine did you use?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    GLaDOSGLaDOS Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Job well-done!
    "Tahiti is not in Europe. I'm going to be sick."