Options

Cyber Security Career Pathway

Security_freakSecurity_freak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying icon_study.gif for the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ Certifications. I am looking make a career in cyber security and I want know is which certifications will help me get my foot through the door.

Also, what kind of entry level jobs are out there will accept these certifications for a "Low Level" cyber security analyst.

Comments

• Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    S+ would be valuable for a security role although if you do not have any / much IT experieince than N+ will help with S+ as network security is listed as 20% of the exam objectives.

Do you have any IT experience? Even with security your going to need to probably start at a Level 1 or Level 2 Service desk role.

I started at Level 2 desktop support, got CCENT, then moved to Security after a year with the same company. Just got my S+ to validate my knowledge.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A solid background in one of the three pillars of IT would be the best bet. Without that important background I have to ask why do you want to move into security with no background in security?

- b/eads