Best career path with my current knowledge?

jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'd appreciate it if someone can take a look at my current experience to see what the best career path is for me with my current knowledge. I love it all, so I'd be happy to pretty much go down any career path.

- Maintain, manage, and deploy Windows Server 2008/2012 production servers. These servers include SQL servers, application servers, DC’s, and web servers.
- Mac and Windows 10 desktop administration.
- Decommission and upgrade Windows server environment.
- Active directory environment.
- Group Policy management.
- Office 365 administration.
- Manage virtual machines in a ESXi environment.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus management and deployment.
- Google mail for business administration.
- Provide desktop support to all users in the company in every department up to C level.
- Project management of quarterly projects and goals. These are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- Windows OS deployments and upgrades.
- BitLocker encryption management.
- Security compliance best practices for the enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain IT security and compliance standards.
- Management of AirWatch MDM. This includes deploying, managing, creating profiles, security groups, and maintaining the Windows servers that AirWatch resides on.
- Work closely with Senior VP of Legal and the Compliance Director to ensure HIPPA and PHI compliance.
- Onboard new employees.
- Work closely with my team to ensure all projects and tickets are completed successfully. We work as a team to help each other and ensure productivity for our environment.

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    System Engineer.......
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Where do you currently fit into the organization? Are you considered help desk or sys admin? Titles are often ambiguous. On the surface you appear to be a JOAT in progress, which is good as you need a solid foundation to move forward (and if you want to specialize).

You mention broad topics, but what do you do specifically? This question is rhetorical but I ask it to make you think. Do you do any architect/design/implementation? Or, are you supporting current systems? Have you implemented any improvements, or advanced functionality of these technologies? Do you dig under the covers? Etc.
  • jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Where do you currently fit into the organization? Are you considered help desk or sys admin? Titles are often ambiguous. On the surface you appear to be a JOAT in progress, which is good as you need a solid foundation to move forward (and if you want to specialize).

You mention broad topics, but what do you do specifically? This question is rhetorical but I ask it to make you think. Do you do any architect/design/implementation? Or, are you supporting current systems? Have you implemented any improvements, or advanced functionality of these technologies? Do you dig under the covers? Etc.

I do both Sysadmin and help desk. It's a small company, so I do a little bit of everything. That's why it's so broad, because I do it all except networking.

I have done implementation of Windows Servers. I built the whole on-perm AirWatch infrastructure. I also support current Windows servers too. I'm sorry and I hope that answers your questions.