Options

Passed Sec+! Trio Complete!

direwolf19direwolf19 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed with an 800 even and have completed the trio! I used every second of time and was convinced I was going to fail about 25 questions into it when I had burned up already a 1/3rd of the 90 mins. Those of you that have passed on the 1st try after a month or less of studying I commend you. I spent 3 months and felt like I had a really good grasp of the material and still struggled. Very humbling.

Similar to what others have posted, several questions felt like they had multiple correct answers which was really frustrating. I had 5 PBQ's, 4 were pretty basic but the 5th was just a complete crap shoot. The instructions made no sense and I literally had no idea what it wanted.

Recommendations, again like others have said, is to really know your encryption, controls, and types of attacks. It isn't enough to know just what an attack type is. Know how it's executed, what it looks like on a log, and what types of devices would see it or pick it up, etc.

Resources used were the Gibson Sec+:GCGA book, Messer videos, Examcompass tests, and whatever I could find on Quizlet that seemed quality. The book was the most useful followed by the Messer videos. While I felt Examcompass was really useful on A+ and Net+, it didn't really feel all that useful here.

Up next by request of my employer will be a Citrix CCA-V, after which I'd like to start working towards an MCSA: Server 2012.

Comments

• Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!! Its true never trust in your knowledge you also have to put it in practice!! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    StiffmeisterStiffmeister Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The BEST answer is very difficult and I had to keep re-reading trying to think which they wanted. I also had four or five PBQ's and one I had no idea what they wanted...had to guess. Two of them were quite simple like you would expect!

Know how it's executed, what it looks like on a log, and what types of devices would see it or pick it up, etc.

Sounds like my test. This is the part that is really demoralizing if you're just reading the book (descriptions), taking the simple practice tests with words only....you'll still be clueless with certain questions.

Does Gibson, Messer or anyone have content out there to prepare you for any/all of the PBQ's? Definitely flagging all those RIGHT in the beginning but they're probably a good chunk of the test grade.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the CompTia Trio club!icon_cheers.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • Options
    belindamoreno1985belindamoreno1985 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your achievement !!!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    direwolf19direwolf19 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options