Options

Passed the ICND2 200-101 Today! 9-2-16

shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took and passed the ICND2 200-101 with a score of 920. I will say that while I didn't find the exam to be easy, it wasn't as difficult as I'd thought it'd be. There were definitely more than a few questions that I had to read a few times to get a full understanding of what was being asked. I took my time and evaluated each answer and eliminated those that which I felt were incorrect before moving forward.

At about question 20 of my test, it crashed and threw an error on the screen. I thought I was going to have to start over, but the exam coordinator moved me to a new machine and was able to pick up where I left off!

I finished in about an hour, leaving about 15 minutes to go. Here's how I prepared:

-Watched the ICND2 200-101 CBT Nugget series
-Read the Lammle Sybex book
-Labbed with GNS3 for the FHRP and Frame Relay stuff
-Used the Transcender practice tests - These seemed a little too easy
-Used the Boson ExSim max practice tests. These were an excellent gauge of readiness for the real exam. I feel like they were harder than the real exam.
-Labbed with Packet Tracer for everything else. Found the labs posted in this previous post to be extremely beneficial: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/122057-icnd-2-200-101-pass-920-1000-study-methods-worked-me.html
-Watched the CBT Nugget Series on the ICND2. Anthony and Keith give a lot of good example questions in this series. The one on Spanning tree sent me back to the books to solidify my knowledge.
-Took notes along the way with onenote.com

Anyway, time for a bit of a break, then off to CCNP. Good luck to those trying to finish before the deadline later this month like me!

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Thanks for the write-up; it's a help to know how peeps prep for the exam. I'm someway off yet, as I only started my studies about 8 weeks ago.

Congratulations and all the best for the CCNP.
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rob42 wrote: »
    Thanks for the write-up; it's a help to know how peeps prep for the exam. I'm someway off yet, as I only started my studies about 8 weeks ago.

Congratulations and all the best for the CCNP.

No prob, I have definitely benefited from reading similar write ups from others and like paying it forward! That's pretty close to how long ago I started prepping for the ICND2. It can be done! Good luck with your studies.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job Shaun, congrats! And good luck on your CCNP!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work, congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man, and thanks for sharing your prep material, very useful!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□