Options

ISC2 Live Onlne Class?

pschallpschall Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm debating taking the ISC2 live online course that meets 2 nights a week for 2.5 hours. It's basically an extended boot camp over 2.5 months.

Cost will be $2000. Anyone have any advice if this is worth my money? I was thinking of the study plan below. Very little InfoSec experience here. Target exam date is December.

ISC2 Live Online
Cybery (Kelly's) Videos
Son Harris Book
Sunflower
Eric Conrads 11th hour
Quizlet flash cards

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the boot camp is largely dependent on the instructors. Some are good while other just offer a "review".
    You will still have to study on your own.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well damn, I wouldn't be spending $2000 on any certification course (especially online) to teach me what I can learn from a book, free materials on the internet, or paid cccure questions for a fraction of the cost.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    EZstreetEZstreet Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    Well damn, I wouldn't be spending $2000 on any certification course (especially online) to teach me what I can learn from a book, free materials on the internet, or paid cccure questions for a fraction of the cost.

Some people learn differently. I can absorb only so much from a book. I study two or three guides for 2.5 months before and then I attended boot camp M-F and took test on Saturday and I know I wouldn't have passed with attending the camp.

Just my $.02

EZ