Options

Video course David Miller and other study material

mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a safari books online subscription and there is a CISSP video series for each domain by David Miller. I was wondering if anyone has used these videos for test preparation? Any opinions?

For books, I was looking at Sybex CISSP 7th Edition by Darril Gibson, Mike Chapple, James M. Stewart. I've heard this is the best book to get (correct me if I'm wrong). Should this book be read cover to cover, or is it too dry?

I also see there is a new product as of July, called "CISSP Practice Tests" by Mike Chapple and David Seidl. Seems to have good reviews. Any opinions on this too?

Appreciate it, as always

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello!

I am reading Sybex, AOI, and Official CISSP CBK book and the Sybex one by far is the easiest to read with the most relevant content.

The AOI book is great if you need a lot of analogies and fluff while the Sybex book cuts right to the chase.

Hope this helps!

- Jinuyr
  • Options
    heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't heard any info on the David Miller videos but the cybrary.it videos are really really good also the eric conrad 11th hour book is really good to pair with the sybex book. The 11th hour is a condensed to the point book to read after your sybex book when you are closer to exam day. The sybex test question are really good, and also the cccure practice question a good as well
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree read the Sybex book and complete the end of teh chapter and bonus exams. That 1400+ questions. You are in good shape.
    mnashe wrote: »
    I have a safari books online subscription and there is a CISSP video series for each domain by David Miller. I was wondering if anyone has used these videos for test preparation? Any opinions?

For books, I was looking at Sybex CISSP 7th Edition by Darril Gibson, Mike Chapple, James M. Stewart. I've heard this is the best book to get (correct me if I'm wrong). Should this book be read cover to cover, or is it too dry?

I also see there is a new product as of July, called "CISSP Practice Tests" by Mike Chapple and David Seidl. Seems to have good reviews. Any opinions on this too?

Appreciate it, as always
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll try out the Dave Miller videos too, to see how they are.

Honestly, I learn better by video, than reading. I have three areas of video courses, Cybrary, CBT Nuggets and this Dave Miller course. If all three will not be enough, I'll have to hit the books :)
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Videos will be good, but you will want to get couple books.
    videos, books, practice tests, repeat.....

i'm excited about books by Darill Gibson. He did really good job on security+ book.
    with shon Harris gone, I haven't heard if her series of books will still be relevant.
    although it might be good to pick up one of hers too.
    i don't recall, but there was one revision of her book that seemed better.
    you might be able to pick it up cheap on Amazon.

good luck!
  • Options
  • Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    David Miller is SANS instructor for CISSP.
  • Options
    David Miller is SANS instructor for CISSP.

Well that seems like a positive. Thx