Options

euro exam or us exam is there a difference ?????????

ukmwukmw Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
is there a difference in the euro combo exam to the us combo exam as in eu we use e1 and e3 lines not t1 and t3 etc and the bandwidth rates are different between euro and us so is the exam sat in europe different from the us exam?
please help im just curious? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    ciscosciscos Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what bandwidth has to do with the tests?
    can't teach an old dog new tricks
  • Options
    bandwidth will come into the ccna exam as the bandwidth of a pri in us is 1.544mbps and in eu pri is 2.048mbps
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Not directly for PRI, those are for T1 and E1 lines. PRI runs at T1 speeds, in EU at E1 speed, which is indeed 2.048mbps
  • Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif
    2048mbps
    Hey all of this time I thought it came in at 2.048 Mbps icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_lol.gif I wish they would do that with my bank account... indeed, I meant 2.048

btw, to answer the original question: there's no difference in the exams or material, you need to know the above regardless.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dont forget the Japanese also use sonet i.e T1,T3 etc this is maybe why its possible to take the exam only in english and Japanese.
    icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    aye maybe thats why but also english is cisco approved ha ha icon_lol.gif
    got my exam booked for 1 week today so any last minute advice is welcome
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The ony advise ill give is this.
    If you have a sim that you have a problem with i.e. you dont spot the problem in the first 3 minutes.Draw the diagram on a piece of paper and work from there.I just find it impossible to tab back and forth for the diagram and the info.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    thanks a lot i will do that
    i have a lab at home with 2 switches 2 pcs and 4 routers and i have practised every day for last 2 months and im ok with any sim except isdn which is very difficult to simulate without a pbx or isdn simulator so hopefully not too much on isdn would be good im getting 950-1000 on every practise exam for the last 3 weeks and ive still got 1 week today till exam