Options

Passed the new CCENT v3 today. 100-105

nastynate604nastynate604 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just passed the new version 3 exam for ICND1 100-105. Scored an 860. Test was not easy, but fair. I studied for 1.5 months using the Lammle book and Cisco Press ODOM book. I regret using Lammle as my main read through. I would recommend using ODOM because although it is a little more dry, it covers way more material. I also used JC's CBNUGGETS for the older version two test and the Cisco press practice tests and Boson. I went in confident, feeling like I over studied, but in the end it all comes down to HOW WELL YOU KNOW EACH OBJECTIVE. I can't stress enough how important it is to go over all of the exam objectives and just make sure you know each one inside and out. I was given 54 questions, and 90 minutes to do them. 832 was the passing score.

I breezed through the first 10 questions. I got stuck on Question 11. I've used 25 minutes of the exam at this point and I am starting to freak out. JUST BREATHE. Next thing I know I've ripped through 25 questions and i'm at question 36 with an hour to spare. I ended up finishing the exam with 27 minutes left on the clock. Not that it is a race, but my point is if you don't know the answer to a question 100% then just use logic to deduct the answers you know aren't correct, make your best choice and move on.

Knowing how the test is structured is going to be a huge help moving forward with ICND2. I am going to use Cisco press again, and the CBT nuggets videos. I will be purchasing the Boson practice exams as well although I'm considering Transcender. Anyone have any experience with those tests? How accurate are they?

Cheers.

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow thanks for sharing!! Congrats on your pass! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on ICND2!
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job! Yep, those tests can bite you even when you think you know the material. All the best with ICND2!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    iambrainziambrainz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    I studied for 1.5 months using the Lammle book and Cisco Press ODOM book.

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Congrats!!!

Just a quick question, to study in 1.5 months how many hours a week did you study? And did you have any previous experince going in to the test?

Thanks
    Pujan
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Gamer617Gamer617 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am trying to start studying for CCENT!!! Keep up the good work
  • Options
    erikiiyerikiiy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats, well done.
  • Options
    mount8848mount8848 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there, congratulations to you. I have ICND1 booked in 2 weeks. I have purchased Boson practice exams for CCENT. As you said, you have used it, how do you compare the questions in this software with the real questions? Please, tell me more about Boson practice exams for CCENT.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congrats on the pass, tight score is the perfect score icon_wink.gif
    So you mentioned how you approached multiple choice questions, through elimination. Were there no sims? Or you get sims only at the second exam...
    I am considering going the 2-exam route, great way to buy time and see how things pan out at work, maybe this cert won't be required after all.
  • Options
    d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    was there any sim questions?
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • Options
    CenponCenpon Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need to take this test in 3 weeks for school(wgu) and need to pass the first time around to graduate. I have CBT nuggets, Odom and ordered the book you mentioned? Did you use anything else?
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    pujan96 wrote: »
    Congrats!!!

Just a quick question, to study in 1.5 months how many hours a week did you study? And did you have any previous experince going in to the test?

Thanks
    Pujan

Hi Pujan,

I studied on average for about 1 - 2 hours per day. I had passed CCENT back in 2011 previously. This exam was a lot harder in my opinion.

Cheers.
  • Options
    mount8848 wrote: »
    Hi there, congratulations to you. I have ICND1 booked in 2 weeks. I have purchased Boson practice exams for CCENT. As you said, you have used it, how do you compare the questions in this software with the real questions? Please, tell me more about Boson practice exams for CCENT.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The BOSON tests are good, but not structured exactly like the actual test. NOTHING beats knowing the exam objectives and being able to apply them quickly, like in a Lab environment. I found the Multiple choice questions to be straight forward and some of the simulation/lab questions to be more daunting.

KNOW YOUR OBJECTIVES!!!
  • Options
    varelg wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, tight score is the perfect score icon_wink.gif
    So you mentioned how you approached multiple choice questions, through elimination. Were there no sims? Or you get sims only at the second exam...
    I am considering going the 2-exam route, great way to buy time and see how things pan out at work, maybe this cert won't be required after all.

There were multiple choice and SIMS. I did not see any drag and drop questions. The sims were tougher than the multiple choice.
  • Options
    Cenpon wrote: »
    I need to take this test in 3 weeks for school(wgu) and need to pass the first time around to graduate. I have CBT nuggets, Odom and ordered the book you mentioned? Did you use anything else?

If I had to do it again, I would have watched all the Nuggets videos first to get a good overall idea of the concepts. Next I would have read the ODOM book front to back and made sure to follow along with any labs they were using in Packet Tracer or GNS3 (Moreso packet tracer because GNS3 switching concepts are lacking). Lastly I would use the BOSON practice tests to see if I was weak on any of the concepts and then go back and watch video/read specific Chapters of ODOM to review and memorize anything I was missing.

Cheers.
  • Options
    LinguisticsLinguistics Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cenpon wrote: »
    I found the BOSON sims a bit over bearing and not indicative of the actual exam. If you can pass the BOSON ones consistently, you should have no problem understanding the questions on the exam though many of the BOSON questions didn't line up with the real exam at all IMO.

ODOMs books, CBTNuggets, labbing in packettracer (some especially relay in GNS3) and Chris Bryant videos is what go me over the hump.
    I read 2 chapters, watched the videos for that, lab'd. That was my method.
    Also, I used the official ICND1/ICND2 network simulators (purchased the full operational ones)
  • Options
    EmmaRobbie1EmmaRobbie1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I already passed ICND1 exam with 868 marks (832 passing marks) .For study material I visit Cisco official site but I feel it’s not satisfactory enough to pass this exam then I used some other purchased study material. i use BrainDumpsKey Compiled PDF which help me a lot.
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    congrats i recommend networklessons.com for a lot of good information from ccent through ccie. for ccent ryan beney has good videos on youtube. ryan is a ccnp in england. also ine.com has alot of good info but it is expensive.