Options

Passed 9/9/2016

EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
First off, I don't post much. However, I lurked the forums a lot and they were extremely helpful. Overall, I was surprised at how little technical detail was on the test. If you have a high level understanding of the topics, and think like a manager and not a techie, you'll pass. I had the Sybex 7th edition book along with the 11th hour study guide. Didn't finish either of them, so I can't judge their effectiveness. In my opinion, the Sybex book is too detailed. Of course, if you know all of that material, it should be a walk in the park. I finished in 1 hour 42 minutes and took the approach of I either know it or I don't. Now on to the endorsement process. Question, how long would it take to prepare for CEH? I have three weeks left on my cccure membership and want to put it to use.

Comments

• Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats EJ. Was it the CISSP exam you passed? That one is now on my radar.
  • Options
    EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    palmett0 wrote: »
    Congrats EJ. Was it the CISSP exam you passed? That one is now on my radar.

It was! I took SSCP in December of 15 and slowly prepared for the CISSP over the last few months
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Congrats on the pass! I think 3 weeks (unless it's full time) might be a little ambitious for CEH unless you have experience with some of the tools already. (There's no hands-on block, but you need to know command switches and how to interpret tool output. You can run a virtual machine of Kali Linux to practice.)
    Didn't use CCCure for CEH, so I can't assess its effectiveness. I used Matt Walker's CEH book, watched some Training Camp pre-bootcamp videos, and sat a 1-week bootcamp for CEH v8 (really pared down EC Council's official bloatware). It was 5-6 weeks of study for me. CEH was harder than Security+ but easier than CASP.

I'm sitting CISSP on October 6th and the Sybex book is killing me (on chapter 14 now). A new edition of 11th Hour is due c. September 22nd, so I am hoping it will save me.
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

If I may ask, how many years of experience did you have in the domains before you sat in for the exam?
    Also, what domain(s) did you find most challenging on the test?
  • Options
    Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice work EJ! I guess that was the week to take the exam! We had 5 day/1 work week boot camps with exam on Friday for CEH for most in our org. so 7 hours in 4 days or about 30-40 hours of studying.
  • Options
    sanretsanret Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

How do you plan on submitting the endorsement? You are already ISC2 certified when you were endorsed(assuming) for SSCP by another ISC2 certified individual in good standing. Can you endorse yourself now?
  • Options
    Melonie001Melonie001 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□