Options

Cisco should have enhancements for CCNA ver 2 people

mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
What's 105 basically? MPLS, BGP, and voice? Instead of requiring "old timers" from getting the new cert, they should create a enhancement tag like when you get a fishing license.. add a MPLS tag to your ver 2 license.. Add a BGP tag, etc etc.

My 2c worth
Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That all depends on what does Cisco want the certification to stand for.

if there is an "enhancement tag", the dates would become more important. And, quite possibly your score also.

And, what meaning does the tag hold. That you can pass a test on "enhancements", but possible not pass the composite exam. Should you be certified if you couldn't?

How many stamps do you need before you become a ccnp?

Myself, I in the "if you can't pass the exam, you are no longer certified" camp.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, surely you noticed that they're gutting NP and putting the stuff in NA..So what's left in NP?

(or what's new being put in NP?)
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    They're trying to make up for the huge gap that was between the CCNA, CCNP and CCIE. You've got stuff moving from the CCIE to CCNP, CCNP to CCNA. Back when I took the CCNA in 2011, some critical things weren't in there that should have been in there if you planned on working as a network engineer like SVIs, basic BGP, etc. They're trying to bring a more realistic skillset into the CCNA that most entry level network folks will need to know but don't think the CCNP is lacking materials. You'll see more things pushing from the CCIE down to the CCNP which is fair. There was too huge of a gap between the two before.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com