Options

IT policies help

Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
Long story short,

Company I work for needs the IT department. A.K.A. Just me, to develop and make policies. Is there already a place and/or website that has policy templates related to say DRP and BCP's? or any other relevant IT policies?

I would type each one up myself. However they have waited until today to tell me it is all due tomorrow..

Now their failure to notify me weeks ago when they knew of this, doesn't warrant an emergency on my part.

But I am looking for good IT policy templates I can edit and finesse here and there and utilize for these sort of stupid problems my company throws at me.

Any suggestions?
Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SANS has some free templates online. Just do a Google search. The same applies to policy templates in general. Plenty of government agencies, universities, and others post their policies online. You're bound to find some good examples.
  • Options
    Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I found the SANS ones. I guess I could just pull ones down that others have used and modify it for my company. Overall it's quite annoying that I get notified in such a short notice by the owners of the company.

I have a huge database upgrade coming in two weeks, and they are more focused on policies. LOL

Ahhhh, IT professionals. I guess we are masters at pulling rabbits out of hats.
    Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There's no point in writing policy from scratch these days. It's easy enough to find what you need online and modify it based on your needs.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All the policies & standards you need can be found at your local university website. FWIW, most orgs way overdo the policies & standards. is there any particular reason your org needs policies all of a sudden? what's the need they're trying to meet?