Options

Maybe you can help me (Career Crisis)

dhruvjaindhruvjain Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hopefully, renowned members of this forum might help me..I have done my Bachelors in Computer Science and during college time i placed 3rd in Deloitte CCTC.
After my college i have worked as SharePoint Developer for 1 year (7 LPA) but i have always wanted to work as a security engineer or consultant. I know there are too many certifications out there and that's got me all confused. Like what would be the best approach to enhance my career from here. Every other day I don't decide makes me more miserable. Please guide me :)

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is more of a question for the security forum, but first I thing I would do is get a book or two on Comptia Security+, study and pass the Security+ certification. More advanced security certifications really depend on what area for security your interested in and what your budget is like (or if you can get your employer to pay for training/certs).
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    dhruvjaindhruvjain Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    This is more of a question for the security forum, but first I thing I would do is get a book or two on Comptia Security+, study and pass the Security+ certification. More advanced security certifications really depend on what area for security your interested in and what your budget is like (or if you can get your employer to pay for training/certs).
    I can't get my employer to pay as there is no such requirement in the current company. I will be using up my savings. I mainly want to be information security analyst and later consultant