Options

Where do you live and how's the IT market in your area?

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
The IT market is not bad here in NY for qualified and experienced IT pros; but it's tough for the less experienced. icon_rolleyes.gif
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• Options
    int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's great here in Detroit, all the Japanese companies around here are expanding at a pretty good rate. Also, the reductions by the big 3 are generally not in information systems. In fact, the big 3 are expanding in info systems development.

Another note, the Japanese don't care about certs, they only care about experience+degrees, so the value of certs has really gone down the past couple years as the Japanese companies expand.
  • Options
    Random21Random21 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its not so good here in T&T. icon_sad.gif

If you are lucky to find one be prepared to be worked like a slave icon_cry.gif .They take full advantage of qualified people and the state of IT here is so bad,it makes me wanna cry icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    rowdymonrowdymon Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's picking up here in Houston....

But I fear it will never be like the good ole days...

Where the pay was high, we came in at 9, left at 4 with a two hour lunch..

*laugh*
    rowdymonsigjpg9cw.jpg
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Not bad in Canada, I bill out $100/hr and am ran offf my feet all day long.

Nice thing about being a consultant is the quick and easy calls in the downtown core... Rack up huge hours and still be at home by 6.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Living in the UK just outside London and theres loads of jobs in london and all the way along what is called the "Green Belt"

Move outside these areas and theres virtually nothing!

The key for people in the uk is London or the M4!

For experience the pay is very good, its hard to break it without experience.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I live in Kansas and I would say the IT market isnt so good. However if you do have experience and know what your doing you can make a good wage, but that seems true anywhere you go. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am from Mauritius Island(indian ocean),there is plenty of work here but the salary is very low Rs5500( 220 US dollar monthly! ) icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    From the Washington, DC area (United States).

There are many jobs to choose from. Arguably the most job offers in the United States. Even though I dont make 100/hr like the consultant, I make a fairly descent wage.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    I live in the South East of England and the I.T field is going ok. My wife and i are hoping to emmigrate to Canada so if there is anyone out there who can help me, please get in touch!!