Options

Need some advice on preparing for exam 70-270

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed exam 70-210 on the 2nd of August and decided to go for the exam 70-270, as it looks simular to the 70-210 exam but with more features. Would I be right in saying that?

icon_exclaim.gif 1. Is 70-270 any much harder than 70-210 icon_confused.gif:
icon_exclaim.gif 2. What is the pass score for 70-270 icon_confused.gif:
icon_exclaim.gif 3. Does anyone know where I can get the best trancenders for the exam icon_confused.gif:
icon_exclaim.gif 4. I already have the MS press book for 70-270, what additional resources should i use icon_confused.gif:

If I pass 70-270, I will finnish the rest of my 2000 exams!

D-boy!

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    My question is, why are you taking this at all? You already have 70-210. 70-270 seems like a waste of a test to me considering you're going for MCSA. But to answer your questions:

1. I don't think so
    2. Nobody knows that but Microsoft
    3. Transcender.com
    4. Micrsoft TechNet

Again, I think it's a waste of a test, unless someone else is paying, which I hope is the case.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    I was taking it so I could prove to an employer that I know XP like the back of my hand. So you wouldn't even get it just to have it?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. Just a little, questions are longer and less straight-forward than 70-210.
    4. Our TechNotes, practice questions, link section, and these forums ;)
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Well, I have 70-270. So I wouldn't get 70-210 because they are so similar. I know how to use 2000 fine, and being certified in one should be enough to show that you understand both operating systems.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Thanks Webmaster!

Do you think it's a waste of time like cheeblie says?
    I would go onto Win2000server But i don't have a copy of it or the money to buy it.
  • Options
    No not a waste of time, especially when taking an exam also means extensive study... And, if you are a desktop admin, or planning to spend a couple of years being one, it looks good on your resume. (for a techie it might seem like doing almost the same thing twice, most interviewers/employers will see another cert that shows you are specialized in another OS)

But, I would have taken only the 70-270 exam, since XP pro+some differences+some additions (check out this doc I wrote for another site a long time ago: www.certyourself.com/70270newfeat.shtml Just ignore the advertisers... ) = 2000 pro... hope I'm making sense here..

If you are paying for the exams yourself, and your not Richie Rich, and you want to become more than a desktop admin (as sys admin for example) I would suggest buying a MS Training Kit for the 70-215 exam (includes a 120-day evaluation version :D) and start heading for MCSA/E.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    No not a waste of time, especially when taking an exam also means extensive study... And, if you are a desktop admin, or planning to spend a couple of years being one, it looks good on your resume. (for a techie it might seem like doing almost the same thing twice, most interviewers/employers will see another cert that shows you are specialized in another OS)

That's what I was thing too! I wanna be a Systems Administrator, I was thinking that I would have to know XP too, since that's the type of job i will be doing. I might have an interview with Daimler
    Chrysler for an IT job, I wanna try get 70-270 before the interview which could be a week or two away... :D

Webmaster wrote:
    But, I would have taken only the 70-270 exam, since XP pro+some differences+some additions (check out this doc I wrote for another site a long time ago: www.certyourself.com/70270newfeat.shtml Just ignore the advertisers... ) = 2000 pro... hope I'm making sense here..

Looks really icon_cool.gif
    Webmaster wrote:
    If you are paying for the exams yourself, and your not Richie Rich, and you want to become more than a desktop admin (as sys admin for example) I would suggest buying a MS Training Kit for the 70-215 exam (includes a 120-day evaluation version :D) and start heading for MCSA/E.

I have the Full 4 core books for the MS Training Kit (it did included a 120-day evaluation version, but I either lost it or gave it to someone and now I don't have it!!! icon_rolleyes.gif Last time I lend out my CD's to anyone!
    icon_redface.gif
  • Options
  • Options