Need help on my career

sanbila1992sanbila1992 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a 2014 passed out B.E CSE graduate
after graduation I worked in windows technical support domain for 1 year
due to health issues I resigned my job.and took rest for 3 months
then for financial needs I worked in Shriram finance marketing division
but now I can't get into it field after several interviews
.my friend advised me to do a course in java at ****
but I Dont have hope that I will get a job in it field after 2 years gap .
so please any one guide me regarding this plzzzzzzzz

Comments

• Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am a 2014 passed out B.E CSE graduate
    after graduation I worked in windows technical support domain for 1 year
    due to health issues I resigned my job.and took rest for 3 months
    then for financial needs I worked in Shriram finance marketing division
    but now I can't get into it field after several interviews
    .my friend advised me to do a course in java at ****
    but I Dont have hope that I will get a job in it field after 2 years gap .
    so please any one guide me regarding this plzzzzzzzz

Find something you love doing and stick with it - you'll eventually land where you need to be. Work hard & if needs be start with lower ranking positions. If you want to go into software developing, maybe try going for a junior tester position then learn coding on the side whilst doing your job. If you're into server/networking admin, go for a helpdesk position, bust your ass off & get some certs (CCNA, MCSA, LPIC etc.) - you'll be moving up if you like what you do and commit yourself to it. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock 'n roll :)
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are getting called in for the interviews, then you definitely have a shot. How are you doing on the interviews? Are you composed and confident or nervous and fidgety? Are you able to answer most technical questions?

Whatever you do, keep applying and go to the interviews. If you are going to pursue a certification, do not put your job search on hold for it. 2 year gap after your first job isn't that terrible at all. Explain why during the interview.

Good luck!
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    godfather1930godfather1930 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One more thing...ask God's help! He helped me numerous times in my IT career and not only. After a five year gap in the IT field, just like you I wasn't able to find a job and the only thing to do was to pray and keep on searching! After a couple of days a company called me to the interview and after explaining the reason I was out of the field for five years they purpose to me a position in their company that was one level upper then the previous position I had five years ago. It was just like I hadn't took any pause from the IT field at all.

I can guarantee you that Jesus Christ will listen to you! Let me know if you need guidance with how to pray, or how to return to a life of faith!

Be joyful!