Has anyone achieved CCNA collaboration without CCENT/CCNA

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was just curious if anyone has Cisco CCNA Collab certs without getting CCENT first? According to Ciscos site I don't think you have to have it. Anyway I have a strong Telecom background. In my current job I work as a Telecom/Network Infrastructure technician. I program digital phones and perform level 1 network tech duties. Mostly assisting with switch upgrades and basic configuration. We are in the process of upgrading to Cisco VoIP with 8841 phones I think. Anyway I really want to use this opportunity to get the hands on skills and get certified at the same time so I can finally advance my career into a Cisco CUCM role. I think the network infrastructure skills I have acquired over the past few years should be sufficient for basic network skills maybe. Just want to get started with VoIP.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• router_switchrouter_switch Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is no prerequisite for CCNA collaboration but it is good to have a CCNA R&S. I work in telecom domain, it is on the service provider side, even I was thinking to get the CCNA collaboration but started with CCNA R&S instead. If you are already comfortable with networking and know how to work through the routers and switches then I would go ahead and get the collaboration certs.