Options

Those who used Mike Meyers book

namanama Member Posts: 187
I've just bought the mike meyers book today and I would like to know which areas that this book lacks of (as I know it's not easy to find a book that covers everything). So that I'll take note of it and look for other sources to cover those areas, and hopefully get myself ready for the exam. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    perstruoperstruo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Mike Myers book was pretty good, though he does tend to ramble at times. He was missing some stuff about types of fiber optic standards. What I did once I went through that book was go through all the tech notes on this site and downloaded the objectives from Comptia. Right before the test I went through the objectives and looked up anything listed that I didn't feel totally comfortable with. I used the Myers book and wikipedia to look up those last bits I needed to brush up on.
  • Options
    anything else other than fiber optic standards is missing?
  • Options
    sparky_tsparky_t Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also found it was missing most of the MAC OS X stuff, and I got a fair number of questions on it.
  • Options
    I wonder if I've bought the correct book. Just to verify with everyone, the book that I'm having is "Mike Meyers' Network+ Certification Passport".

Here is the image:
    007219523101aa240sclzzzzzzz0wk.jpg

There is another one Michael Meyers', which is brick red in color.
  • Options
    sparky_tsparky_t Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, thats the one. Apart from the MAC stuff, it is really good.
  • Options
    sparky_t wrote:
    Yep, thats the one. Apart from the MAC stuff, it is really good.
    so where do you get those MAC stuffs materials to cover the "gap"?
  • Options
    perstruo wrote:
    is this more comprehensive then the passport book?
  • Options
    perstruoperstruo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nama wrote:
    is this more comprehensive then the passport book?

That book has more theory and history in it while the passport books are designed for people with a little more experience.
  • Options
    perstruo wrote:
    That book has more theory and history in it while the passport books are designed for people with a little more experience.
    oh, i see. I prefer to read books that are straight to the point. :)