Options

Passed Network+

Up5killUp5kill Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I passed Network+ with 755 on first attempt. It's not a great score but i will take it considering what happened. I want to share my exam experience with other test takers and students as this forum has helped me pass. It took me four months to feel confident for the exam. I studied before and after work, weekends and while driving to/from work (not recommended). lol!

Primary Resources used to pass the exam:

1. Bought Mike Myer's All-in-One COMPTIA Network+ Certification Exam and read it 5 times.icon_wink.gif (Good, many typos however)
2. Ended by Buying his Video course from Udemy (Watched will commuting everyday) and Simulations/Questions from his website. (Excellent resources to use along with his book and i got all with discounts)
3. One week before exam i bought Pearson vue's Network+ simulator and went through it couple of times. (Must have for anyone)
4. ITPro.Tv's videos for the topics i wanted more info upon. They are fun to watch and very detailed. My subscription also allowed me to have Flash cards(Excellent), hands on labs(good), test questions (Excellent) also which i used sparingly.

[SNIP - DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR EXAM WITH OUR MEMBERS]

Off to CCNAX v3 now. Thanks again for all the tips. Have fun always...and keep learning!

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the pointers!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    Melonie001Melonie001 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the pointers! I'm also using Mike and Glen's books, I really hope I'll pass first time =P
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    My strategy while taking certification exams is to go through the entire test & answer only the questions you know & flag the ones you don't. As you know, answering questions you know only takes a second or two. This should leave you plenty of time to answer the harder questions that you have flagged. This method doesn't work with Cisco exams though! LOL!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! Great moves! Thanks for sharing your tips!

Definitely, it's a must to select and do for the last the sims. :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.