Options

Jobs in Temple,TX area

Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am planning to move to Temple,TX in the next couple months. Having a little trouble filtering through all the jobs due to majority of them being Contractor jobs requiring Security Clearance. If anyone can throw some leads on some jobs in that area that would be awesome. Looking for actual IT jobs not Help Desk. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There's plenty of work in Austin if you don't mind the commute.

You might also look into Waco (Texas State Technical College, City of Waco, etc.) and Killeen. City of Georgetown, Round Rock, Taylor. There's also ERCOT in Taylor.
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I currently live in Temple, Texas but I work for Williamson County. There isn't much in terms of IT jobs in Temple, though there is an MSP called Mclanes Intelligent Solutions that seems to be hiring pretty frequently. Scott and White usually has some positions available in the networking department as well. The majority of the IT jobs I see that are worth anything will be in the Austin area though. I have a 45 minute drive just to get to Georgetown from my home in Temple, The highway is a lot worse the further south you go.
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The highway is a lot worse the further south you go.

You got that right! I live in north Austin, and it usually takes 30-45 (today longer) minutes to get to downtown to my office. A friend commutes from Temple to south Austin. Blearg!
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know that there are jobs in Austin but that will be too long of a drive, I am trying to keep it to 45 min max one way for commute.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DFW area is MASSIVE for IT jobs. However may be too far (about an hour + north).
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You shouldn't have an issue finding helpdesk positions within 45 minutes of Temple, but beyond that the options are limited. I looked for 6 months before getting out of the Army and Network Administrator positions required looking at the Austin area. Good luck on the job hunt!
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2