Options

Disk Boot Failure Need Help!!!!!!!!!

Skoula67Skoula67 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need help im really confused on this problem. I think i did all the steps right but i still cant get rid of error. I made sure i connected my HDD in right and I have it set up in bios to auto. Also tried CHS typed manully and still nothing than i tried a 98 boot disk to try FDISK it wont work says it cant find HDD and I put in Win Xp got to the setup screen but just when i want to install it says it cant find a HDD and im sure its plugged in right and i also hear something click like a fan in the HDD when i boot up so im really confused here. and there is a partition on it cause it was working fine untill it got turned off.

Comments

• Options
    ChronChron Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would try to pin-point the "fan-click" noise to ensure it isn't your HDD doing the clicking.
    I have nothing to declare except my own genius.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    sounds like you might have a disk failure....hope you have a good backup...that sucks....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Skoula67Skoula67 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So what should i do than to correct this problem. Would a WinXp bootdisk fix this problem?
  • Options
    ChronChron Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A new HD should take care of it. icon_sad.gif
    I have nothing to declare except my own genius.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Skoula67 wrote:
    So what should i do than to correct this problem. Would a WinXp bootdisk fix this problem?

Not if the drive has internal physical damage. If that's the case, it's cooked.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Sounds like a bad drive.

Download the diagnostic software from the manufacturer's website and try to run diagnostics on it. I have had a couple show up that way that didn't show up in the BIOS.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What type of hard drive are we talking about here? This sounds like something my old IBM Deathstar did when it croaked.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    western digitals also click when they can not find track zero. The drive will not go ready until it finds it and therefore looks like it is not there.
    There is no hope for such a drive other than the trash.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO