Passed CCNA Sec today

medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
As the title says, I passed today.

I used CBT Nuggets, including the supplemental documents in the NuggetsLab files. Extremely relevant. Highly recommend.
I also used the Boson practice questions. I found their explanations of wrong answers pretty detailed and helpful.
I bought an ASA 5505 on Ebay that I used for labs. Followed along with the CBT Nugget videos. I used Packet Tracer for the layer 2 labs.
Google and Cisco.com for more detail when necessary.

I bought the Official Cert Guide, but as others have posted, I found it worthless and barely read any of it. It was clearly written for the wrong version of the exam.
I also bought the CCNA Security Version 2 lab manual. I did some of the layer 2 labs from it, but really, I found following along with CBT Nuggets was the best labs to prep for the test. Watch the "homework" videos. Yes, it is a pain to have to keep jumping around to different Nuggets courses, but they are very relevant.

The test itself... I thought most of the questions were fair. A couple questions were worded with poor grammar and/or typos, or just poorly worded, making them ambiguous and several of the choices would be correct depending on how you interpreted the questions. There were only a couple like that though.

A couple questions I have no idea where they came from. Not from any of the material I had. Reasoned and guessed and hoped for the best. All you can do with those.

No problems with the sim other than it being difficult to work with not all fitting on the screen and having to keep scrolling and moving the questions out of the way. No bugs though. Everything worked.

It probably also helped that this was my 3rd time with CCNA Sec. First took 640-553, then recerted with 640-554, and now recerted again with 210-260.

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • CiscoSandwichCiscoSandwich Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! well done.
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hopefully at the end of the exam you left some feedback on the questions that were poorly written. Sometimes I wonder where in the hell they pull these questions out of...LOL
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratss!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I did leave a comment on one questions that was either a typo or really bad grammar that really could be taken different ways depending on what you thought they meant to say. In the survey at the conclusion of the exam, I selected "disagree" for the question about the exam questions being clear and concise.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"