Options

Passed 640-801 exam today with 1000/1000

sysmaxsysmax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my first time taking certification in test centre. A bit panic during the test when the keyboard stuck as I entered the console at sim question, no response when I type "enable" at the prompt. I thought I did wrong, but after waiting for about 10 secs, it worked normally and I can play with the sim smoothly.
In the middle of test, the screen was blank after I click Next button. I thought the PC was hang, panic again, but after waiting for about 20 secs the next question came up and I can continue until finished without any problem.

After submitted answer for the last question, I took a deep breath, close my eyes, and when open it again cannot believe my eyes when I got congratulation for passing the exam and my score is 1000! Thank God.

I was prepared with Cisco Press INTRO & ICND Self Study from Steve Mc Querry and Exam Certification Guide from Wendell Odom. Be careful there is a lot of error in Odom's book, you must download the latest errata & update from Cisco website.

For practice I use Boson NetSim 6 and RouterSim Network Visualizer 5. Both simulator is far from perfect, give different result from the real one. You can't use them for troubleshooting. But at least they made me quite familiar with IOS CLI.
Anybody know the best simulator should I use for CCNP preparation?

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    That is one awesome score :D What kind of errors are made in the Odom book?
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    sysmaxsysmax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

For instance, he wrote "only classful routing protocols support VLSM" (INTRO page 409 -table 14-2, page 423 table 14-8, ICND page 570 table D-1).

There are many other errors, better check out these errata and update your books before you learn:

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/1587200945/errata/INTRO-ECG-errata-2006-02-27.doc

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/158720083X/errata/ICND-ECG-Errata-2006-03-20.doc
  • Options
    mur4dmur4d Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sysmax wrote:
    For instance, he wrote "only classful routing protocols support VLSM" (INTRO page 409 -table 14-2, page 423 table 14-8, ICND page 570 table D-1).

This statement is part of Foundation Sumary, I think its realy fatal mistake, and Cisco just revised in the 8th print. So many people have already absorbed the wrong concept.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done nice job! icon_cool.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_wink.gif good job
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job!

Are you going for your CCNP next?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :D

I'm not quite sure what mojo is..... but you got it and it was working! Kick it up to the next level (CCNP) while you're hot!

The Boson CCNP NetSim is still your best bet for CCNP level simulator -- and it looks like you know not to waste time when it's the simulator that is wrong. Hopefully it will work better when they finish it.... icon_confused.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Awesome Score. Congratulations!!! :D:D:D
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    sysmax wrote:

There are many other errors, better check out these errata and update your books before you learn:

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/1587200945/errata/INTRO-ECG-errata-2006-02-27.doc

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/158720083X/errata/ICND-ECG-Errata-2006-03-20.doc

So if I just update my book on my pc (pdf file) I will be ok?
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    I just dont understand why there is always so many mistakes in these books (I have found alot in the Sybex book as well)....Do they not have editors?? I know there only human, but this is there job!
    Now working full time!